Inverted T-wave on EKG. What to expect?

Flush!

I just went in for my recurrent and I had an inverted T-wave on my EKG. I have a stress test and an echocardiogram this week to determine what exactly is going on. I am freaking out a bit but if it is what the most obvious cause would be (ischemia), I will probably have to have a stent installed. I was watching a video from the FAA that said the time has been reduced on the stent procedures but I'm curious to hear from people who have been through the process. I also would like to hear about other potential causes because I'm relatively healthy otherwise.

My BP is always in the 120/70 to 130/80 range, I'm not a smoker, I've got a few extra pounds but nothing ridiculous, etc. Neither my mother or father have had heart disease but my maternal grandfather did die young of a heart attack, so maybe family history has something to do with it. Could it be something other than ischemia? If so, what's the FAA's perspective on that?

Any advice appreciated! Thank you.

I have nothing to add, as I have no experience with any of this, but wishing you luck with your health and medical.

Back