Interview with Cape Air and jetBlue

the_dmn8tr

I had the opportunity to interview with Cape Air and jetBlue for the gateway program. I think working for Cape would be a regarding challenge. JetBlue could be a great opportunity, but time will tell if I would like to go there or get into some other flying.

The interview started at 8:40 in the morning here at UND. It was a panel interview with Krista and Gene from Cape and Alicia from jetBlue. The interview was not meant to be a technical interview, but rather one focusing on human resources. They asked the following questions:

-Tell us about yourself, why you got into aviation, why you want to work for us
-Tell us about a time you worked as a team and how did you contribute
-Tell us about a time you resolved a conflict with humor
-Have you ever been in a conflict with another team member and how did you resolve it
-Tell us what you know about Cape Air and jetBlue
-What are 5 adjectives your friends would use to describe you?
-What talents do you have that make you a better candidate?
-Tell us about a time you saw someone breaking a regulation and what did you do about it?
-What do rules mean to you and what rule do you most commonly break?
-What is your favorite/least favorite class and why?
-What is your definition of customer service and how do you define internal and external customers?

Overall the interview last about 20-25 minutes and was an enjoyable experience. They said they will contact me within a couple weeks so we will see how it goes.

They asked the following questions:

-Tell us about a time you resolved a conflict with humor
-Have you ever been in a conflict with another team member and how did you resolve it
I'd have a damn hard time coming up with answers to these on the spot...

I don't know much/anything about the gateway programs. I thought you need 1000h to go to Cape Air, and I noticed you listed 170h. Can you say more about this program? Thanks.

I don't know much/anything about the gateway programs. I thought you need 1000h to go to Cape Air, and I noticed you listed 170h. Can you say more about this program? Thanks.

I sure can. The program is for UND/ERAU students. The Cape side of the program involves doing an internship as a FO (All logable after the 135 ride) for a semester. After the internship is up, you CFI to build your hours to 1200 (PIC for Cape's mail) or 1500 for the ATP. You go back to Cape after instructing and fly as a captain. Then if you choose and depending on market conditions, you can interview with jetBlue.

http://www.flycapeairjobs.com/industry.htm

^That sounds like an awesome opportunity. Wish UF would have had something like that!

I sent my resume to Cape Air, I hope to hear something back, I would love to move to Guam for an FO position.

Back