Interview Next Week

TravDK

I am making the long haul from upstate New York to Vero Beach next week for an interview. Connie has been an absolute pleasure to deal with on the phone, as has crockrocket94 from JC, but man am I a little nervous for the flight portion of the test. I have zero hours in your aircraft and it had been some time since I have done the maneuvers.

I look forward to meeting some of you soon.

And of course, any last minute advise would be great!!! This would be a long and expensive interview to blow!

I just got through standardization and I just got students this week. My interview consisted of a 100 question written test then a flight with an instructor. Others I have talked to did the test and then the frasca, others did all three. If you do get the job make sure you come prepared. When you get here you should be able to fly all the maneuvers to PTS. If not standardization will not be fun. That is all.

I am making the long haul from upstate New York to Vero Beach next week for an interview. Connie has been an absolute pleasure to deal with on the phone, as has crockrocket94 from JC, but man am I a little nervous for the flight portion of the test. I have zero hours in your aircraft and it had been some time since I have done the maneuvers.

I look forward to meeting some of you soon.

And of course, any last minute advise would be great!!! This would be a long and expensive interview to blow!

I wouldn't be too worried about the flight. They probably know you haven't flown piper. They don't care. What they are looking for is teaching. Whoever you fly with will brief you on the speeds for the aircraft. In many cases, these flights have in involved just one lap around the pattern. They just want to see you teach the maneuver.

Once hired, I recommend you set up an hours building account with administration. This allows you to rent the plane a little cheaper. Go up with a current FSA instructor and practice the maneuvers. Standardization is not designed to get you to pts. It is designed to get you to teach maneuvers the FlightSafety way. If you bust your stan flight, it's no big deal. If you bust several, you may get your walkin' papers.

Thank you to all those who helped and responded... I will be in the next standardization class!

Looking forward to joining Flight Safety.

Again, Thank You. Vero here I come.

Its is a freaking Airline... I was blown away with the amount of planes and organization. They fly Piper aircraft which are very well maintained. Cadets, Seminols, and I believe a few Archers or Arrows. I may be corrected on the types, but they are nice aircraft. PM me if you want my impression of the school.

I just got back from my interview yesterday and I was offered a job. I can't move down there in time for the October 20 standardization class, so I have a slot in the November class.

The interview consisted of the 100 question test mentioned in this thread, followed by a sim flight in the Frasca with an Assistant Chief Pilot which included NDB tracking, the ILS at FPR, and the VOR RWY 11R at VRB.

The center manager and Chief Pilot were gone, so there was no formal interview. The hiring decision was made presumably by the Director of Standards based on the Assistant Chief Pilots' evaluation and recommendation. Then it was off to the lab for the drug testing. The job offer isn't official until the drug test results are back.

Good luck to all of you starting on the 20th! Keep the posts comming to let us know how things go.

See you next month!

Back