internet @ ATP

blee256

Do the apartments have a intenet connection if I bring a laptop? I know they dont have a phone lines, but what about cable or DSL. Also do the ATP offices itself have places you can get on the internet or hook up a notebook to? I am going to need my daily fix of jetcareers.com

-Brian

I know the apartments for the Private Course in JAX have cable or DSL available for $25/month. I'm not sure about the Career Pilot apartments.

I don't know if it applies to all locations, but the Dallas apartments have cable, and some folks down here were talking about hooking up a cable modem and odreing internet access though the cable company- so broadband is theoretically possible, at least if your apartment has cable already in it.

NEGATIVE

The apartments dont have phone lines or DSL or any of that stuff hooked up. A lot of guys just paid for the phone service so they could run their computers and get duats and stuff. When you get an apartment assignment just call up and get the phones hooked up.

Re: NEGATIVE

I know where Billings is. Good town. I am from Minot, ND, and have skiied several times at Red Lodge. I have thoughts of transferring to Rocky Mountain College to get away from the big flight school atmosphere. Do you know anything about this school or the program?

Thanks

Lucas

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if it applies to all locations, but the Dallas apartments have cable, and some folks down here were talking about hooking up a cable modem and odreing internet access though the cable company- so broadband is theoretically possible, at least if your apartment has cable already in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I know the apartments for the Private Course in JAX have cable or DSL available for $25/month. I'm not sure about the Career Pilot apartments.

[/ QUOTE ]

but dont you have to sign a yearly contract?

-Brian

Oh, sorry. Still, I didn't sign a yearly contract for my cable modem service. Anyone know if ATP's offices have computers for DUATS use?

Well, the offices just have dial-up as far as I know. Not like you'd really need that for duats or any other weather service, since the offices are usually located at the airport with access to METARS, TAFS, and Convective Outlooks in the pilots lounge.

Yeah, the apartments (and cable access) are leased by the company, so you don't have to sign a lease or anything. As far as adding internet access to the existing cable, I would imagine you would have to sign a separate agreement with the cable company to pay for just that part of the service.

Yea, Red Lodge is beautiful, I would speak Highly of Rocky. They have a lot of good things going for them. However you will pay a lot of money, and come out with a single engine II and a multi COMM with about 18 hrs ME at best. I knew a lot of the guys out there and I use to go to the college and study at night with them. I got a pretty good feel for the program and think the best decision was hands down comming to ATP.

Man, you guys in JAX get ALL the goodies
tongue.gif
Dallas just has the dial-up, but it connects in the mid 40 kpbs so it's not too bad.
See ya when I come out there for my CFI!

Back