International Dispatch Jobs

VTOLa320

Hello all. I’m new to jet careers as I was referred by a work colleague since no one could provide proper answers to my questions.
I have been wondering about international dispatching jobs for Swiss, British airways, aer lingus, ect. Iam currently a brand new dispatcher working at Air Wis and plan to stay here for at least 1-2 years but I have always had an interest in moving abroad sometime in the future (3-5 years from now). I’ve been finding it particularly hard to find any kind of information on international dispatching jobs. I heard that Swiss apparently has a dispatch office in Japan which I am extremely interested in but I can’t find any information on. So here I am.
-which European airlines have dispatchers not just flight followers
-What are the requirements
-pay scale for European airline dispatchers (is there a spread sheet for European airlines pay scale like the one for the US)
-location of the offices
Thanks to anyone who can provide any kind of information.

Occasionally you can find some military contractor flight ops job postings at various places around the world. They tend to be compensated pretty well. In general though, overseas dispatch jobs are not going to be in the ballpark of US majors as far as compensation goes. As far as I know, Operational Control for dispatchers is only a thing in USA. Operational Control = Liability = $$$. I'm by no means an expert, but this is what my small amount of research has shown.

Pretty much all the major European additive you can think of are starting to follow the US with some form of operational control. If you see a "dispatch" position at anywhere but a head office, it is not what we would think of dispatch. They help load the plane and then sign off on the weight and balance. Kind of like a very hands on load planner.

The biggest thing is that they do not sponsor people so you would need to be able to get a work permit without the companies help.

Occasionally you can find some military contractor flight ops job postings at various places around the world. They tend to be compensated pretty well. In general though, overseas dispatch jobs are not going to be in the ballpark of US majors as far as compensation goes. As far as I know, Operational Control for dispatchers is only a thing in USA. Operational Control = Liability = $$$. I'm by no means an expert, but this is what my small amount of research has shown.

It's also required by regulation in Canada and China.

I can’t say anything about European carriers, but Emirates will sponsor your work visa if you successfully pass the interview. Their pay package is quite decent considering you will not have to pay income taxes to either the US or the UAE and their housing allowance pays for most of your living expenses. They won’t max out anywhere near US majors, but you would get the international travel you are looking for.
They use the term “Dispatcher” but operational control is held by the VP of Network Control (the Duty Mgr and VPNC positions are staffed round tve clock and they handle any questions/issues that arise on a daily basis)
I would imagine that Etihad is very similar.

Back