Interesting first class "passengers"

hammer

Interesting first class \"passengers\"

So last night, I was on AA223, Boeing 767-300 service from Boston to Los Angeles. Some of you may know that American has a policy that allows "celebrity" animals to ride in the cabin.

Along with me, seated in the first class cabin, with their own paid first class tickets, were the ambassador dog and ambassador parrot for Sea World of San Diego. The parrot spent the flight perched on the armrest of his seat while the dog spent the flight sleeping on his pillow which was put on the floor in front of his seat. The dog also enjoyed a meal (the steak filet with potatos). The dog I could handle without thinking about it too much but walking by the aisle seat in Row 1 to see a giant parrot perched on the armrest eating birdseed was one of the most amusing things I have ever seen on a flight.

Re: Interesting first class \"passengers\"

So, how much of that free liquor did you have up in FC?
wink.gif

I wonder what qualifies as 'celebrity'. It kills me to have to put my dog in cargo whenever we take him anywhere.

There's a new, small airline that caters to pet owners called Companion Air. Right now I think they are almost more of a charter. They fly modified Pilatus PC-12s with kennels in the back. The home page has a picture of a dog surrounded by bags that says "Do I look like cargo to you?" Neat idea, anyway.

Don't be surprised if that catches on. I had to take my cats to the vet right before the hurricane hit the DC area and they were talking about how they were prescribing Prozac for dogs that would get overanxious during the storm!

People will spend all sorts of money on their pets, so an airline dedicated to pets only doesn't surprise me.

People tell me I'm crazy when I tell em to open a new airline..

"Paws around the world".. I'm telling ya.. Hollywood would bite right into that !!!

btw.. do they get a presidential nomination to become an ambassador ?? Just curious...

-Patrick

What I want to know is, why are a dog and a parrot ambassadors to Sea World?
tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they can be
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
"Paws around the world".. I'm telling ya.. Hollywood would bite right into that !!!

[/ QUOTE ]

And as a celebrity endorser, you get various actors talking about their pets!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pets Ahoy (or whatever they call it now) show. I know it's at the Orlando Sea World, so I assume it's at the others.

My dog Wilson was a charity dog and was treated like a rockstar. Allowed in everystore, resturants, on flights (in the cabin), etc. He got rejected though, now it is just a dogs life.

[ QUOTE ]
So, how much of that free liquor did you have up in FC?
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No free liquor .... lots of sleep and listening to that *^&#ing bird.

i like to shoot birds. then sometimes i eat them. pheasants are the best. once as a kid i shot a woodpecker off of our bird feeder and brought into the house for my mom to cook. i got yelled at.

Back