Interesting Ad

A320_DUDE

Picked up my copy of AOPA Flt Training today and saw Sierra's new ad. Can anyone explain to me the "Train now and don't pay until 2 years after your quailfied" statement.

my guess is that you become 'qualified' as soon as you get your commercial. it may be SEVERAL months until you graduate from their 'program', upon which you have 6 months grace period until the loans kick in. just a guess.

I'd like to see the 'fine print' where it defines 'qualified'.

Not speaking ill of S.A.A., but just curious!

I kind of wish that more schools would approach advertising as "train here because we're really good" as opposed to "Guaranteed Interview with TWA!!" or "Home of the One Dollar Install!"

Eh, a boy can only dream....

[ QUOTE ]
Picked up my copy of AOPA Flt Training today and saw Sierra's new ad. Can anyone explain to me the "Train now and don't pay until 2 years after your quailfied" statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

My understanding as it was explained to me, was that they can defer your student loans up to 2 years after you graduate as long as your working towards your ATP. So "Qualified = ATP" would probably be accurate.

Ryan

looking at their webpage today, you can defer payments on your loans for 33-36 months, but I'd assume your racking up intrest on the principal the whole time.

yeah I know I am! but in the grand scheme of things a few extra years wont make much a differnece on my 20 yr loan. blahh

Ryan

yeah... I was taking a look at the mortgage on a house I'm haveing built. Took the normal 30 year loan.. don't ever look at the amoratization table.. it will make you cry when you see how much interst is paid on a 30 year loan
crazy.gif

Back