Interesting A.net thread

BobDDuck

Island Bus Driver
I'm not normally a fan of A.net, but this one actaully poses a good point as to the whole overpaid pilot things. It will be interesting to see what sort of garbage follows it, but the original poster had some good thoughts. (bad spelling= tired)
A.net thread

Ethan

The other thing that's starting to irritate the hell out of me is the constant refrain of pilots only working 20 hours a week.

That comment is never followed with the FAA rule that says you can't fly more than 1,000 hours a year.

Now, my math isn't the best here, but if you take 20 hours a week, and multiply it by 50 weeks, you get 1,000. So the 20 hours a week that pilots fly is actually as much as they can by law!

Keep in mind that it's 20 hours of flight time time.

On average, I spend about 10 to 15 hours per day at work, but only paid (and counted for) about 4 to 6.

Yup. The guys on the ANA flight I was on probably used up their time in the trip they made from NRT to IAD and then back. But still, you figure that's three days away from home. And they're the lucky guys. The get all their flying done in one trip. Whereas you have to do three, four flights a day to get things done, and that means you're sitting a crew lounge somewhere for a lot longer.

Nobody talks about that.

Hey! That's my thread!
grin.gif

I think its funny how people responded to me "overestimating" peoples pay...theres a reason i did that..to be more conservative with it and make a better point. If its less than that.. makes my point more...of course that wasn't including pension and insurance, but that stuff is minor compared to the bulk pay.

Back