Instrument Written(s).... WHEW!!!!

ready2fly

Well - I FINNALY took the Instrument written(s) on Sunday... I say Written(s), plural - because I went ahead and took the:

Instrumeng Ground Instructor,
Flight Instructor-Instrument-Airplane; and
the Instrument Rating - Airplane

My scores were as follows:

IGI = 90
CFII = 90
Instrument Rating = 97!!! (missed two)

I could NOT believe my scores!! I had studied my A$$ off, but had scored no higher than an 88% on any on-line practice test that I had taken.

Needless to say - I'm happy with the above scores!!!

Thought I'd share.

Peace!

R2F

Congrats!! I'm gonna have to brush the dust off the old instrument Gleim here in a few weeks to get ready for my CFII and IGI writtens. Unfortunately my school gave me crap for taking the CFII right after my instrument written so I have to spend a weekend going over it all again.

Congrats!

Did you get any of the helo questions on the IGI - sorry I forgot to mention those.
frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Did you get any of the helo questions on the IGI?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I got one right off the bat in the IGI (think it was the first or second question) and then I got one more later in the test.

I knew they were going to be in there (the Gleim tells you to look out for them), so I wasn't surprised.

[ QUOTE ]
why did they give you crap?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, when I was doing my instrument rating I asked the chief CFI if I could take the CFII after my instrument written and he said "well you won't be doing your CFII for another couple years anyway, right?" Little did he know I'm on the accelerated track. I tried to schedule the CFII written 2 or 3 times and everytime I got the excuse that the computers were down or something else....
It felt real good to go in there a few weeks ago to take my FOI, CFI, and AGI all three in a row.
It sucks that i have to go through the instrument Gleim again but I guess on a positive note it will help refresh my memory for the CFII.

It sucks that i have to go through the instrument Gleim again but I guess on a positive note it will help refresh my memory for the CFII.

good attitude. knock it out.

In order to get your temporatry IGI certificate did you guys have to go in person to the local FSDO, or did you mail all the paper work to the FAA?

It's a pain in the butt going to the FSDO these days with the extra security percautions.

I just walked in the door. There were no security procedures but that was back in early Feb. So things might have changed.

Here's a question (and probably a stupid one, but...) don't I have to have my CFI Certification in order to walk my IGI scores into the FSDO and get a temporary Ground Instructor Cert.?

If you mean the FOI written results - then yes you need the FOI and the IGI results. If you mean your CFI - no.

At the Atlanta FSDO one has to make an appointment to gain entry, and the you and your vehicle will be searched. At least that is what the FSDO website says.

I didn't know that a FSDO would be a prized target for terrorists.

Hey skypilot. I think I sent you a PM (private message). Not sure if it went through.

Back