Instrument rated!

troopernflight

Passed my instrument check ride today! It feels as if a big weight was lifted from my chest. I will definitely need to get some more experience to get to where I feel proficient. Right now I feel like I know enough to stay alive, but I'm not planning on shooting any approaches down to minimums any time soon! It was very challenging but very enjoyable. Starting my commercial training on monday, and very much looking forward to seeing out the window again. Wish me luck!

Congrats on the rating; I just finished my instrument so I now how you feel. I can't wait to use the new rating and get more proficient. Have fun and good luck on the commercial! :rawk:

Congratulations.

Incidentally, studies have show that pilots with instrument ratings are involved in less accidents than those without the rating. The reason for that is open to speculation, but at least one theory is that they are more aware of their limitations.

Instrument flying is a great challenge. I love working with weather and ATC and the aircraft's equipment and capabilities to accomplish my flight successfully.

Congrats! Do you wonder how/why the hell you ever flew VFR for so long? I know I did lol.

Congrats!

The instrument rating was so much fun and one of the more rewarding checkrides for me. Now its time to have fun with some single pilot IFR :insane:

Passed my instrument check ride today! It feels as if a big weight was lifted from my chest. I will definitely need to get some more experience to get to where I feel proficient. Right now I feel like I know enough to stay alive, but I'm not planning on shooting any approaches down to minimums any time soon! It was very challenging but very enjoyable. Starting my commercial training on monday, and very much looking forward to seeing out the window again. Wish me luck!

Congrats!! The comm is fun.

That's awsome! IFR training was the most enjoyable for me. Good times!

By the way, who did your checkride? There's only about 4 or so examiners in SC and all great guys and friends of the family.

Congratulations again! :clap:

That's awsome! IFR training was the most enjoyable for me. Good times!

By the way, who did your checkride? There's only about 4 or so examiners in SC and all great guys and friends of the family.

Congratulations again! :clap:
Tom Burke, in the Upstate area.

Back