Instrument Rated

unclenobby

Passed today :bandit:. Oral went very well and the flight portion was less than my best but good enough to get the ticket. Low ceilings in the NE today meant a good chunk of the ride was in actual, with 3 of the 4 approachs in actual although not to mins.
Looking forward to building some time over the weekends this summer to get me close to the Commercial requirements.
I did the IR part 61 at a local FBO and have 145 hrs in the book now (been a weekend warrior for little over a year now!!). I'll put a write up in checkride central tomorrow - tonight is for Grey Goose!!

Passed today :bandit:. Oral went very well and the flight portion was less than my best but good enough to get the ticket. Low ceilings in the NE today meant a good chunk of the ride was in actual, with 3 of the 4 approachs in actual although not to mins.
Looking forward to building some time over the weekends this summer to get me close to the Commercial requirements.
I did the IR part 61 at a local FBO and have 145 hrs in the book now (been a weekend warrior for little over a year now!!). I'll put a write up in checkride central tomorrow - tonight is for Grey Goose!!

Nice job!!!!

Awesome, I got mine a while back and had to wait a couple days to take the flying portion as IMC prevailed and the DE told me he was not allowed to do the checkride in IMC, then we went on to laugh at the irony of that, but either way, he said the FAA wants him doing the IR checkride in VFR. So I guess your DE had different ideas so congrats!

Awesome, I got mine a while back and had to wait a couple days to take the flying portion as IMC prevailed and the DE told me he was not allowed to do the checkride in IMC, then we went on to laugh at the irony of that, but either way, he said the FAA wants him doing the IR checkride in VFR. So I guess your DE had different ideas so congrats!

Thats interesting, I guess it depends on the DE. I did mine in actual and it was my first time in IMC. Congrats though!

Back