instructor ?s

Timbuff10

If you are hired as an instructor at ATP do you get to stay in the apartments and are you allowed to have your significant other live with you there?

How long are instructors typically staying at ATP before making the move to an airline?

The setup there seems like the ideal instructor situation and may even be more appealing (to me anyway) than some regional airlines.

Tim

I know that you can stay in the apt's for $200/month but my question is if you still have to share the apt with 4 people?

atp provides an apartment(s) for instructors. 200/month. these are seperated from the students. you will be living with instructors only. as far as having a significant other live there.. that probably wouldn't fly with atp. i guess if the apartment only had one or two other people and they didn't care you could do it. but, if another instructor moves in your lover is out. in some situations you might be able get away with it but i wouldn't broadcast it to H.Q.

Anyone know the name of the apt's in JAX? I went there to look at them after my tour but cant remember the name.

The Club at Danforth.

Instructor apartments are a good deal if the training center has them. I'm spending $550 a month for rent & utilities, because there is no company housing here.

thanks for the response, as usual you helped me out agian. How are things going up there for you and ATP?

Hey there folks...

Click here for a virtual tour of the apartments at JAX... Outside, weight room, pool, & living area. I personally like the racquetball court!

Bob

Captain Bob you are the MAN!! You make the ATP decision very easy. They need to keep you around!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
It's about $10,000/month.
$1000 in pay
$9000 in multi-time experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh brother... Why don't you just go fly for free if it is such a great deal!?

[ QUOTE ]
$1000 in pay

[/ QUOTE ]

Love it!

[ QUOTE ]
Oh brother... Why don't you just go fly for free if it is such a great deal!?

[/ QUOTE ] I was somewhat kidding about the 9000/month. It help keep back the tears :)

I've been told that ATP once paid quite a bit more. After 911, they cut wages instead of cutting jobs.

Maybe now that things are slowly getting back to normal....(hey, come on, one can hope...right?
crazy.gif
)

PS, yeah, I know the above is arguable.

Depends. I've seen the old fee schedule, and it was based on volume. The instructors at Jax and other busy bases would make a lot more on the old pay scale, but I do better on the current flat-rate pay scale.

[ QUOTE ]
$1000 in pay

[/ QUOTE ]

Well based on this theory, I guess I am getting paid about $239,667/month...
confused.gif

$10,500 in pay
$229,167 in Multi-Engine Jet Experience
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Well based on this theory, I guess I am getting paid about $239,667/month...

$10,500 in pay
$229,167 in Multi-Engine Jet Experience

[/ QUOTE ] Doh! That hurts man...
smile.gif

Bob

Every one has got to do what get's them there. I know Falcon Capt. has the job many of the ATP (and other low paid dedicated instructors) would love . . . Some poeple can afford to go pay for multi and turbine time, that is bad for the industry. These instructors are positively affecting the aviation community by the hard work and attention to detail they show.

Honor Labor.

wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
These instructors are positively affecting the aviation community by the hard work and attention to detail they show.

[/ QUOTE ] Dale,

I had a long day yesterday, spent from 8:00am to Midnight at the airport... Today my student passed his checkride, we had a weather delay, and I taught ground school for several hours... no flight time today. I came home, crashed (not enough sleep from last night) for about an hour, woke up ate a late dinner, got on JC and read your statement above.

That was an incredibly nice statement. As tired as I was, it made me feel proud to do what I do. On behalf of all the instructors... Thank you. (Although, I know that it applies to instructors no matter who they fly for.)
smile.gif

Bob

[ QUOTE ]
Some poeple can afford to go pay for multi and turbine time, that is bad for the industry. These instructors are positively affecting the aviation community by the hard work and attention to detail they show.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely... Don't forget, I was a full-time CFI at one point also... My first 9 months as a CFI I was at the airport 7 days a week typically 12+ hours a day... After that I went down to 6 days a week... I CFI'ed full-time for nearly 3 years...

Back