Instructor Placement

jahoward

Once you have finished the program, and are most likely hired as a CFI for ATP, do you have any choice of where you start?

Thanks
Jeff

ATP will try to work with you to place you where you want to work. You can do this one of two ways, normally;
-Wait in the office until a position opens up at the location where you want to work. This can take some time, depending on the situation there, how long until someone who's currently instructing there has left before they get hired by an airline, and so on.
-Or accept a position somewhere else first, then hope ATP will transfer you later. They normally make no promise about this, but most of the time it works out well, especially if you have a family near a certain location.

I worked in Las Vegas for 2.5 months first, for instance, even if I wanted to go to Riverside. But I'm in Riverside now, living at home with my wife and commuting to the airport.
smile.gif

Cheers,
Helge

Thanks for your response I appreciate it. What does "waiting in the office" entail? Do you get to fly during this time?What do you think of Riverside? I did my private at KSNA. I am most likely going to choose between Riverside (close to my parents) or Sacramento (close to my wife's parents).

Thanks

See my response to you in another threat to what 'waiting in the office' means.
smile.gif

Oh, and I think Riverside is a nice choice. Of course. Working there and all.
wink.gif

It has been covered before though, that too, why Riverside is a good choice. (If you can fly in SoCal you can fly anywhere, and so on.)

Cheers,
Helge

Back