Instructing in Powered Parachute

The "friendliest" way to let someone know that he/ she needs to conduct further research is to simply post a "link"... like:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...ftqbngDg&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title

It shows the reader in a very nonconfrontational way that the responder was able to secure/ attain certain knowledge by conducting research.
If that helps, fine. If not, we move on to friendly information exchange I like to call: "advice"
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENUS323&q=define:advise&btnG=Search

Then, when the discussion starts, progresses and suddenly ends we experience the feeling of our participation having been: "senseless"
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENUS323&q=define:senseless&btnG=Search

There. :cwm27:
Lol, i really want to know how much time was spent giving birth to this post. I mean the conception, design, and execution can't all just happen in a minute or two

LOL well thanks I will link google next time with the exact question asked. I have a bit of a bad attitude towards this stuff from my time doing coding where the forums would specifically state if you asked a question that could be found on google inside of 5 minutes you can expect to get flamed and recieve practically no help unless you got lucky. "The google rule!" :p

Lol, i really want to know how much time was spent giving birth to this post. I mean the conception, design, and execution can't all just happen in a minute or two

Did not have a stopwatch going, but around 4 minutes and 20 seconds should have done it. :D

We can always do this to find out:

http://www.google.com/search?source...of+this+post+take?&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=

which quickly leads us to the realization that stupid answers are not planned for all the time, but are in reality reasonably well explained with a "system error".

Wow, that's all I'm going to say. Nah, can't leave it at that......

Thanks for educating me on how to be a professional Shdw. FYI, I'm not some straight out of college guy, I worked in pediatric healthcare for 2 years before getting my instructor ratings and switching to working as a flight instructor, dealing with real people, real problems, very sick kids, and professionals as you put it.

Find it in your heart to forgive me for my laziness of trying to find someone who instructs in a powered parachute to spoon feed me the info and give me their "professional" input on the best way to go about adding it to my rating.

Have a nice life.

I really don't mean to be an a** but ..... As stated before I am really not trying to be mean, but ........

Statements like are really just an apology for actually doing what one is apologizing for.... Seriously...

"I don't mean to be an ass, but" (I will be.....)

"I am not trying to be mean, but" (I will be.....)

People come to this forum to ask questions and learn regardless of their experience level. Answers like yours above don't do a lot to promote the environment that Doug has created and continues to push.

I realize you are a new member, but take a step back and feel out the environment before you jump in pounding on your chest. I don't care what one's level of experience is in the aviation world, there is plenty for ALL to learn.

BTW, ass isn't filtered. ;) Just type out what your thinking and if it is bad enough the filters will catch it.

Statements like are really just an apology for actually doing what one is apologizing for.... Seriously...

"I don't mean to be an ass, but" (I will be.....)

"I am not trying to be mean, but" (I will be.....)

People come to this forum to ask questions and learn regardless of their experience level. Answers like yours above don't do a lot to promote the environment that Doug has created and continues to push.

I realize you are a new member, but take a step back and feel out the environment before you jump in pounding on your chest. I don't care what one's level of experience is in the aviation world, there is plenty for ALL to learn.

BTW, ass isn't filtered. ;) Just type out what your thinking and if it is bad enough the filters will catch it.

BAD ASS turbine in your avatar JEP!
Wonder how much such a "sucker" costs?

Back to spoonfeeding SBP with powered parachutes... :D

If you unable to take 5 minutes of your own time to look up a basic regulation why should anyone take time to answer it? Your lucky people in this field are inherently nicer than other fields, your not a student anymore your a paid professional CFI and should be able to to basic research on your own. Had you been a student asking this than fine everyone has to start somewhere and thats what we are here for, but sir your a 'professional' flight instructor.

For instance if you asked a question like, "I am interested in getting a powered parachute sport pilots instructor license, I have read 61.411(g) and see that I need 50 hours in powered parachute. Would anyone have an insight on a cost effective way to build this time? I am currently a fixed wing CFI." That shows that you spend a couple minutes on your own with this and it wasn't some random epiphany you had and expect someone to just grab you by the hand and walk you through.
wow, way to make everyone from daniel webster seem like a complete tool bag...although most were :laff:

maybe he was looking for some advice? maybe a number of hours was not JUST what he was looking for

Back