Information for newbie?

vsnick

I was just wondering if any of you could recommend any books, journals, articles, movies, etc. that are fairly recent about anything related to being a professional pilot. I know this is kind of a vague post, but I am just interested in learning more about anything to do with aviation: the trends, types of aircraft flown by different carriers, all the different types of employment for a pilot, pay scales, work schedules, or whatever. Anything and everything for a guy with limited aviation knowledge. Thanks and also thanks to everyone who contributes on this site because you have all been a big help in making my decision to become a pilot.

Read this site! This has alot of good information written by doug and others. That should wet your appetite for a few days. If you were not aware, click on the jetcareers HOME at the bottom of the page. The message board is only a small part.

A few days???????????????????? Its wet my appetite for a few months, and for some a few years.1.
Smokey.......................................................................

JC alone has a lot of info. Maybe doing a search on Amazon.com with professional pilots would help you find some books.

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize there was a recommended book section on the site. I will look through some of the past forums and check out A Few Days. This should keep me busy for a while. Thanks again.

Back