Inflight wifi

Kristie

Mama Bear....
Staff member
Anyone else try the inflight wifi that airlines are offering now a days?

I'm trying the gogo system on Delta (not sure if all airlines are using the same one?)

but i notice that facebook doesn't seem to like it...HAHAHA

Yea, in fact I filmed a Youtube video onboard and got it posted within about 5 min while still midflight. Anyone want to host a live webcam while flying? :)

Who all has it, I know Delta and Airtran.

Random question, do international flights have electrical outlets to plug a laptop or ipod into?

Anyone try Skype? I think it would be funny to start seeing live video youtube postings...

From what I know...

DL has it on all the MD88s/90s and the whole fleet should have it soon.

WN has it on a few planes, more and more will be getting it in due time.

VX has it on all their planes.

AA has it on their 762s for the JFK-SFO/LAX flights. I don't think the 763s on the route have it yet.

AS has it on a few planes so far.

Does Jetblue have it yet? I would think being how advance the are customer service wise that they would have it....

There was an article about this in USA Today about people calling via skype and other VoIP's. Can't find the article though.

Who all has it, I know Delta and Airtran.

Random question, do international flights have electrical outlets to plug a laptop or ipod into?

DL has them in Business Elite and its a regular outlet. UA has them but you have to buy an adapter.

However they dont provide enough power to charge a laptop, just enough to run it. I plugged in my iPhone to get some power before landing and it charged it for a few minute, but then just kind of stopped.

We have it on about 150 of our MD-80's (AA). It is EXTREMEMLY fast...like cable fast.

It sure makes deadheads go by fast!

DL has them in Business Elite and its a regular outlet. UA has them but you have to buy an adapter.

However they dont provide enough power to charge a laptop, just enough to run it. I plugged in my iPhone to get some power before landing and it charged it for a few minute, but then just kind of stopped.

Thanks good to know. Going to China to see the parents over xmas break, just wondering about the laptop situation.

Back