Increase in prices?

lancair1

Has anyone heard about an upcoming increase in hourly rates for the seminole?

In the past gas $ went up: prices up
Gas is currently very low yet prices surely don't come down, they go up again?

Is it because we are getting new seminoles? Does ATP or Pan am charge more since they have new equipment?

Merry Christmas!

[ December 24, 2001: Message edited by: lancair1 ]

It's not just on the seminole, FSI is doing it's yearly price increase across the board.
The last one was in march 01. So I guess that's every 9 month increase sorry.

As far as I know, those students who enroll in the academy after Jan 1,2002 will pay $255/hr (plane&instructor) in the Seminole...That's $12/hr more then what I payed BUT at least they'll be flying the new seminoles instead of the ghettobirds from '75. Those who are enrolled won't see a change in costs....That's how I think it'll work but I could be wrong...

I will be starting multi ground when I get back, where do I stand? (planes/costs)

The windshield thing is ridiculous. I've heard that a couple of guy's have nearly rioted over it, I just scrub it off like old times.. The plane simply is not airworthy when you have 150 "little plane decoys" stuck on the windscreen.

The windshield thing is temporary while the ramp in front of sun is being redone. The construction dust was scratching them when the not so smart students would just wipe them down. Scratched and destroyed windshields would get expensive to replace.

Barronman you've heard what I heard. The other thing is that students starting instrument after Jan. will get the new 180's with their dual Garmin 430's. Anyone starting before then will be stuck with the older planes.

What bothers me is that you aren't allowed to clean your own windshield. Instead the fuel truck sprays it with water. And viola` a wet, dirty windshield. Total CRAP!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

gofast,
Scratched windshields are expensive to replace? How much do you think the airplane costs, not to mention the crew? Also, it's not temporary, the other ramps in the area are also going to be getting redone. The entire thing is ignorant.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gofast:
The windshield thing is temporary while the ramp in front of sun is being redone. The construction dust was scratching them when the not so smart students would just wipe them down. Scratched and destroyed windshields would get expensive to replace.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm wondering if you're suggesting that the planes are airworthy with the bug guts on the windscreen, or if you and all of the "smart" students are willing to fly aircraft that are not airworthy.

Ok start the bashing, but unless you two want to admit you were one of the student's caught buy the fuel guy's wiping off the dirt with a dry white rag(doubt you were) then I wasn't referring to you. While flying at FSI I never had a problem getting a windshield cleaned because if I did I would find someone who would do it right. So there was hardly a time the plane was never so called unairworthy other than a few ocasional water spots. Go ask Don in maintanance what to do if not resolved to your satisfaction.
Now I'm not trying to be a smart ass(if that's what you think) but when you here thing's like above it makes you wonder.

Back