Impressed by Southernjets today

its my favorite city too. I can't wait to get there.

Ha! But can you afford to live there, that's the question. One of my ex's works for Microsoft. Fresh out of school MS gave him a job making $95k. Daddy paid for school, software engineering. So he has zero debt.

He said he can't afford a house as they're like $500k and up. He said he can't even afford a towne home as they like $300k and up.

Don't get me wrong SEA is one of my fave cities, mainly due to weather, but it doesn't quite sound affordable. And, that my friend is the huge drawback!

Ha! But can you afford to live there, that's the question. ---snip--- <snip>

Hell no!!! why do you think I just go to visit and stay at my aunt's beach house? I'm a poh unedjumacated schlub....I can't affords to lives in da fancy city. If I could I would be there in a heartbeat though.

I just got a friendly reminder email from the Delta Messenger. I can't wait to watch the safety video on board:drool:

Is it dorky that I'm stopping in SLC just so I can connect and fly on a 757? I've never flown on one before.</snip>

I did quote it, but i guess in the time i quoted it, he had deleted it. Everytime i clicked Quote it just gave me a blank post box.:banghead::laff:

Muuuahahahaha :yar:

It really is not anything too funny. Basically I did something really stupid right behind the hotel he is staying in.

Muuuahahahaha :yar:

It really is not anything too funny. Basically I did something really stupid right behind the hotel he is staying in.

Hahaha no way. I thought it was hilarious. Especially coming from you!

Hey btw, i did EVOC training just a few weeks ago. :drool: I never knew how capable the CVPI's really are!:rawk:

Hahaha no way. I thought it was hilarious. Especially coming from you!

Hey btw, i did EVOC training just a few weeks ago. :drool: I never knew how capable the CVPI's really are!:rawk:

I promise I'm not a looser. You will see in Vegas. :D

CVPI's rule. They are feeeking tanks. I love mine and will cry the day I have to give it up. I turned down a brand new charger to keep my CVPI.

How was training?

CVPI's rule. They are feeeking tanks. I love mine and will cry the day I have to give it up. I turned down a brand new charger to keep my CVPI.

How was training?

Besides the fire issue, they're ok. Much prefer the '94-'96 Caprice's myself.

Mike, do you guys have the fire suppression package in yours?

Do't know if they have the Phase 2 installed (in-tank bladder), but we do have the Phase 1 (rounded-off rear end bolts and metal cap covers on the rear end).

Good buddy of mine in AZ DPS was killed in 2002 when he was in a rear end collision on the US60 here in PHX.

We have the package that foams the engine after an accident to prevent fire. For whatever reason if the engine doesn't foam itself there is a button we can push behind a plastic cover piece to do it. The button looks like the one they push to fire a missile. You have to flip open the panel and push the button.

We have the package that foams the engine after an accident to prevent fire. For whatever reason if the engine doesn't foam itself there is a button we can push behind a plastic cover piece to do it. The button looks like the one they push to fire a missile. You have to flip open the panel and push the button.

I think that's either part of the 2, or maybe it's a Phase 3 package. Don't get me wrong, I like the CVPIs, both the '94-'97 models as well as the '98 to current....very smooth ride and fast with the 4.6; just something about the old Caprice's with the Corvette LT-1 engines....too bad they're not made anymore!

The problem with the CVPIs is not normally from front-end collisions, but from rear end where the tank gets crushed against the rear axle/rear end and gets impinged.

I have not had the opportunity to experience what you're saying. Maybe one day I'll find an old used one to joyride.

How was training?

Looking forward to that day!:p

And yeah, the CVPI's are tanks, but handle well for their size!

Training was a lot of fun. Learning how far you can actually push the car, plus learning how to navigate it at slow speeds was interesting. The funniest part was learning how to drive that thing backward. I swear, i can position that car completely down a road backwards now!

The only part that we didnt do was the pursuit training.:( I would of loved to learn how to chase someone in it, but no bueno as they said "we have to leave some fun stuff for you to do in the REAL academy." Oh well, it was still cool.

I'm part of the volunteer patrol too now, so i'm not just riding along with deputies, i'm cruising the streets in my sweet CVPI with Amber lights!:laff: Hey it still has sirens in it though and PA system. Just we can never use any of it!:cwm27:

Ha! But can you afford to live there, that's the question. One of my ex's works for Microsoft. Fresh out of school MS gave him a job making $95k. Daddy paid for school, software engineering. So he has zero debt.

He said he can't afford a house as they're like $500k and up. He said he can't even afford a towne home as they like $300k and up.

Don't get me wrong SEA is one of my fave cities, mainly due to weather, but it doesn't quite sound affordable. And, that my friend is the huge drawback!
Got a Condo for sale 90 minutes north of seattle on Fidalgo Island if anyone is interested.. :D

Back