I'm in

Sprint100

I\'m in

After narrowing my decision between Pan Am and Westwind, I have chosen to attend Westwind in June 2003. Everybody at Pan Am seemed uptight. Pan Am threw me in the CRJ200 sim, I guess hoping that would woo me. After that initial thrill, I was still in favor of Westwind.
Oh yeah, cost was a big factor too!!!!!!

Re: I\'m in

Plus, Westwind is creating a program to add more multi time. Anyways, I figure with the money saved I could buy some multi time elsewhere if need be.

From what I know is that the CRJ200 FTD is not even certified by the FAA so everyone spending the $7k can't even log the time in their logbook. What a deal! When a company like Pan Am makes everyone take ACE to even be considered for a spot as a flight instructor, it just goes to show that the ACE program is a big money winner for them. You can’t even show up to Pan Am for just your CFIs without them making you do ACE first even if you have no ambition of working for them.

What are they promising in their multi program?? I'm thinking about Westwind too.

Well best of luck to you and keep us all posted on your progress and experences you have there, good or bad.

After a haste dicision not to attend Pan Am I enroled at Westwind but a former student talked me into going to FSI instead, so that's where I'll be in October hopefully

Again, best of luck and keep us posted!

The new multi-program is about 2 weeks away from being unvailed. I figured the extra time was a plus. No matter how much they added, because with the money saved as compared to other programs, I could buy some multi-time. Possibly at a lower cost than theirs.

As a former satisfied, yet skeptical, Westwind student (see the Watch you pockets at Westind thread) I find their claim of more multi hard to swallow. Their claim is probably based on their recently buying (or maybe leasing, I don't know) another seminole. The only problem is that their seminoles are always down for squawks no matter how many they have.

I've tried to rent their seminoles and have been told that they don't rent them due to one or more always being broken (I heard about a wheels up last time I inquired).

If I were you, I would ask someone over there just what they mean by "new mutli program", is it more time for the students or just more available scheduling time since they added aircraft?

If they are selling a true multi-program, is it limited to training or can you really time-build? Can you take it on cross countries? That was another restriction the last time I asked, they said I could go and fly for proficiency but they didn't want me renting it for a weekend or anything due to the demand for the planes.

I think it would be really cool of them to lighten up on their Multi policies...I've always thought they treated their Multi's like they're a lot higher and more mighty than they really are.

Thanks for posting. I am finding that there are one or two disgruntled students from each school, so therefore I am always warned to watch out for this and that.

Niiiiice picture of Burt; I have one of Burt and Ernie and Burt is somking a phatty.

I am a current student at Westwind. The new program you can do (if you choose) is to get your commercial rating in the Seminole. Thus you are killing two birds with one stone and getting more multi time (instead of doing the commercial in a 172 RG). Also they are adding Seminoles to the line and I have yet to see problems with scheduling in this department. I will say that I am happy so far in my training and the attitude from those at Westwind. They have prepared me for all I need to know and I have done extremely well on my writtens and stagechecks. I will keep you posted if I run into any problems. I think the best advice I can give to anyone attending any of these schools is to go into it already ahead on reading, etc., bust your ass to get further ahead while you are there and don't slow down for a moment. I think the successful students follow this trend. Good Luck.

You would still have to get your commercial single-engine add-on if you did your commercial multi first.

Re: I\'m in - I think

Thanks for the post 250blue. A big considerationof mine, was them adding more multi time, but they haven't relayed any concrete information regarding the addition of more multi time. I haven't placed the deposit to reserve the planned start date, and if I don't get any info by March 1st, I'll switch to ATP.
I will try to see how I can get more multi-time first

I would definitely stay on them to give you details of how many Seminoles they are adding, if everyone can do the multi-program and let them know that it is a major factor in your decision. They seem honest in providing information on the progress of their programs.

I gave the school an email, they replied

Dear Rich thank your interest in Westwind. That is correct, however I am unable to comment on the program since it is just in the preliminary stages. We hope to launch the program on the website and our literature by the end of Feb.

Just gonna have to wait and see

That is really funny!!!!!! As much as I love the people at Westwind, I am leaning more toward ATP. I feel like starting a riot chant of "I need multi"!!!!!!!!!!

Back