I'm going to fly an Aeronca Champ all over the country. Where should I go? Who wants to meet up?

Sorry to hear about tripus interuptus. It makes me wonder if you could have bought a (the right one of course) champ, flown your bucket list out of it, and sold it shortly after for less money than renting one.

I wanted to buy a 120/140 originally, but I couldn't get a loan and didn't think it would be wise to spend all my cash on one haha.

Ouch, some guy now has his plane out of service half way across the country... how'd that go over with him?

Ouch, some guy now has his plane out of service half way across the country... how'd that go over with him?

Who cares. The Data Plate "fell off". They probably knew it was coming. Its not like OP's kindly elderly neighbor let him take the plane, it was a rental. If the FBO didn't realize the mechanical problems and the Data Plate hanging on by a thread or missing they set themselves up. If they didn't know either, they deserve just as much to be liable for what happened.

It's tough to tell. I have quite a bit of mechanical knowledge, but I am not an A&P. From what I was told by the A&Ps who did look at it, it was not in good condition. There were other things that lead me to believe that it had been maintained to "keep it in the air as cheaply as possible" standards, not proper standards. With the knowledge I had, and the experiences I had flying the airplane, I think I made the right choice.

What ended up being the outcome of all this? Anything more advanced than you walking away from the airplane and moving on with your life?

What ended up being the outcome of all this? Anything more advanced than you walking away from the airplane and moving on with your life?

Nope. Haven't heard anything/haven't checked. Overall, it sucked to end it that way, I haven't updated my blog because I just haven't felt motivated to.

Moving on.. Have my appt to get my flight test with local FSDO on Jan 10th so I can get my First Class Med, and I'm going to start on my Multi soon.

Back