I'm going to be Blue this holiday season!

Congrats and welcome! Keep us posted how it goes and where you end up base-wise. Need to start meeting some JC'ers at the pointy end while non-revving here!

Thanks!

Funny what you said about Hooters. The one thing I don't think they do well is wings!! Too many RDU overnights with Hooters right up the road has left a bad taste in my mouth (Literally).

Give me liberty BW3, or give me death!!
Patrick Henry
X-forces

I know the feeling!, it got old by week 2. If you can prepare and bring lunch every day, you will MOS DEF want to do that, the lunch they provide at OSC is not good. I'm not sure how catering works with the pilot group (I was in the AO class in October) so I'll have to double check but I believe its the same for the pilot group. What equipment/base did you get?

I know the feeling!, it got old by week 2. If you can prepare and bring lunch every day, you will MOS DEF want to do that, the lunch they provide at OSC is not good. I'm not sure how catering works with the pilot group (I was in the AO class in October) so I'll have to double check but I believe its the same for the pilot group. What equipment/base did you get?

No base or equipment yet, that will happen when we get to class. It will either be BOS or JFK either way.
I am shooting for JFK 320

I am pretty sure it won't be too hard, as I will probably be one of the old farts in class.

No base or equipment yet, that will happen when we get to class. It will either be BOS or JFK either way.
I am shooting for JFK 320

I am pretty sure it won't be too hard, as I will probably be one of the old farts in class.

KEITH!!!

This is awesome news, I still remember when you were just starting out! It's good to see friends moving up in the world!

Congrats! Did you have any internal rec's? Been trying to get a call from them for a year now, our times are just about identical.

Congrats!

But you forgot to list your most valuable time...

Ian,
You would think so, but it was a complete non factor.
They like the vet status, that really goes a long way with them, but rotor time.....Nothing
There isn't even a space on the application for it. The long app clearly instructs you to calculate time WITHOUT Rotor or FE time.

Kind of a kick in the nuts, but no different then it was when applying to Eagle.

Congrats! Did you have any internal rec's? Been trying to get a call from them for a year now, our times are just about identical.

I have to admin, the internal rec were plentiful, like well in the double digits, to include some recruiter.

However, and this is a big HOWEVER, this is no accident.

I really went after this job, and started meeting people in the company (and kissing ass) as soon as possible.

As @Derg always tries to make everyone understand.

NETWORK
NETWORK
NETWORK

Ian,
You would think so, but it was a complete non factor.
They like the vet status, that really goes a long way with them, but rotor time.....Nothing
There isn't even a space on the application for it. The long app clearly instructs you to calculate time WITHOUT Rotor or FE time.

Kind of a kick in the nuts, but no different then it was when applying to Eagle.

Well, they can't be blamed for being ignorant to what they don't know of. :)

In other news, Big Green is getting rid of its fleet of TH-67s, as well as OH-58A/C and even OH-58Ds.

Good work on getting on!

Well, they can't be blamed for being ignorant to what they don't know of. :)

In other news, Big Green is getting rid of its fleet of TH-67s, as well as OH-58A/C and even OH-58Ds.

Good work on getting on!

You're pretty in the know for a CBP guy. It's not a done deal, but yeah, that's the current thought process.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're pretty in the know for a CBP guy. It's not a done deal, but yeah, that's the current thought process.

It's nothing special on my end; just that being in a primarily RW air branch at CBP, the vast majority of our guys at my branch are former Army or current Army Reserve/ARNG aviators. Yes, Im surrounded by dirty, smelly, uncouth WO's, as well as a few RLOs. This became some big news because of the replacement to the TH-67s. Out here at MZJ, we have WAATS, who gave their AH-64s back to Rucker and changed their training mission from Apaches, over to Blackhawk and UH-72 Lakota's. There's also a RAID unit there which is transitioning to Lakota's from A/C Kiowas, and a number of our WO's fly for that unit and are in the middle of transition, having been sent to the Eurocopter factory course at Grand Prairie, TX. Now, this news came down, along with news that the replacement will be Big Green collecting up UH-72s from NG units around the country, to become basic/advanced training birds at Rucker. So RAID here is supposedly losing some, maybe all, of it's brand new Lakota's. That's the drama going on on their end that I overhear them talking about as of late.

The surprising one to me is the 58Ds, and attempting to substitute the Apache for the scout mission.

It's nothing special on my end; just that being in a primarily RW air branch at CBP, the vast majority of our guys at my branch are former Army or current Army Reserve/ARNG aviators. Yes, Im surrounded by dirty, smelly, uncouth WO's, as well as a few RLOs. This became some big news because of the replacement to the TH-67s. Out here at MZJ, we have WAATS, who gave their AH-64s back to Rucker and changed their training mission from Apaches, over to Blackhawk and UH-72 Lakota's. There's also a RAID unit there which is transitioning to Lakota's from A/C Kiowas, and a number of our WO's fly for that unit and are in the middle of transition, having been sent to the Eurocopter factory course at Grand Prairie, TX. Now, this news came down, along with news that the replacement will be Big Green collecting up UH-72s from NG units around the country, to become basic/advanced training birds at Rucker. So RAID here is supposedly losing some, maybe all, of it's brand new Lakota's. That's the drama going on on their end that I overhear them talking about as of late.

The surprising one to me is the 58Ds, and attempting to substitute the Apache for the scout mission.

That's all accurate dish!

Back