I'm confused about my future.

Ben

I\'m confused about my future.

Hello,
maybe you guys could assist me.

I currently live in israel and just about to finish my army service.

The one thing i dreamed about more than anything is to become an airline pilot and the place i wanted to train for it is in the united states.

The big question i am asking myself is to go to eru (which is way expensive for me but i could manage to take a few loans which i'll pay for the rest of my life) or go to an academy like flight safety get my licenses.

The only thing that stands it my way is the decision whether to do my BA before , after or during my flight training

What do you think should i do ?
I really need to her opinions about this situation ..

thanks for the help

regards,

ben

Re: I\'m confused about my future.

Hey Ben, well I worked on my BA during my flight training. It's hard but do-able.

And I was gonna say you should be worrying about this at 4am, but now I can see that its probably evening in Israel! So carry on!
grin.gif

Both ERU and FSI are excellent schools and will train you well. However, have you considered a school like ATP or moving to the states and going to a well respected FBO? You'll spend $35k vs $70-100k, won't be in debt the rest of your life and will come out with the same licenses.

I never heard of ATP.

What kind of school is that ? and is it good ?

How much does a ba degree cost btw ?

Go to
http://www.allatps.com/ and check ATP out.

Yes, I believe ATP is a very good school and will cost you considerably less than other schools.

Bottom line....if you have $50k+ to spend, go to DCA, FSI, etc....

If you have $35k to spend go to ATP, Ari Ben, etc....

By a BA degree I assume you're talking about a Bachelor's degree? If you go to a state school it will run you about $30k-40k including room and board. If you go to a private school it can easily run up to $100k.

[ QUOTE ]
Go to http://www.allatps.com/ and check ATP out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, hey, hey, none of this direct linking ... make'em use the banner at the top and earn Doug some extra cheese!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Go to
http://www.allatps.com/ and check ATP out.

Yes, I believe ATP is a very good school and will cost you considerably less than other schools.

Bottom line....if you have $50k+ to spend, go to DCA, FSI, etc....

If you have $35k to spend go to ATP, Ari Ben, etc....

By a BA degree I assume you're talking about a Bachelor's degree? If you go to a state school it will run you about $30k-40k including room and board. If you go to a private school it can easily run up to $100k.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am going to go to a public school to finish the last two years of school with an avation degree and spanish. My av. lab fees alone are a bit more than $36K with tuition books etc i am looking at 50k by the time i finish.

Shalom, Ben.

I got my licenses first and then my degree. I built time as a CFI while I was in college. That route isn't for everybody though.

I also taught at FlightSafety. I think that it is a good school, although it's expensive. For details on some of the different schools, check out the flight training forums. Most of the big schools have their own forum.

I'm sure we'd be glad to have you jump in on some of our political discussions in the Squawk Box, as well.

Welcome to Jet Careers.

I would do your bachelors degree before and if possible during your flight training. Without the degree, your chances at an airline career are slim to none. If I were you, I would concentrate on the degree right now and try to squeeze in flight training during the summer at some local flight schools.

Back