I'm buying a Cessna 152!

Re: I\'m buying a Cessna 152!

Hope the deal goes through for you, they're great airplanes(except for the tail cracks!). The venerable 152 will keep you in the feel for the joy of flight for a long time. I have a friend and she has a 152 "on steroids" as she says . It has, you know, I can't recall the engine size right now, but it's bigger than the factory issue. Very sweet aircraft, all repainted with new interior, cushy seats, GPS etc.

Let us know how it went.

Blue Skies...

First of all...an airworthiness concern sheet (whatever that is) in not an AD. It may become one in the future but there is no madatory action that needs to be taken now.

Second....there has been an AD on the tail nut plates on Cessna 150's for years...it's an easy inspection for an IA.

Third....some of the 150/152 tail problems are caused by guys pushing down on the tail to reposition the airplane on the ground. USE THE TOWBAR.

I'd say 15K for that 150 isn't a bad deal. It has a higher time engine which is reflected in the asking price. I'd still try to talk him down as much as possible. What's wrong with buying a plane on ebay? You shouldn't buy any plane without looking at it first but, beyond that, I don't see what's wrong with buying a plane on ebay.

I've seen some really good deals on ebay. A restored 1971 172 with new paint, zero time engine, and a panel mount GPS just went for a little under 40K. It looked from the detailed ebay pics that a lot of work had been done and I thought that plane was a great deal. I was surprized that the seller didn't take it off the market at the last minute rather than let it go for that.

Congratulations. I had a 150 myself for a couple of years. You won't find a more affordable (factory built) plane.

I would definitely recommend a pre-buy by an A&P. It's worth the cost to avoid any nasty surprises.

[ QUOTE ]
Congratulations. I had a 150 myself for a couple of years. You won't find a more affordable (factory built) plane.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that I think the 150/152 is a bad plane, but I have always liked the Tri-Pacer/Pacer. It has a bit more room inside and a bit faster for about the same price. I still have not decided if I would plane I will persue.

Well, a 152 that will be a good time building airplane. I love showing passengers the ash trays in those things! Take it up in a strong headwind someday too and see if you can get it flying backwards! My CFI did that to me on one of my first flights ever in a Archer.

I was leaning towards a fabric plane at first. Performance is a little better, and they are a little cheaper to buy, but then I factored in the Hanger Cost. I couldn't tie down a fabric covered airplane, and be able to sleep at night. A Cessna 150/152 can live outside, but not a fabric covered bird.

Sweet if you have time could you post some pics for us?

I also went to look at that plane i posted but it would have needed alot of work to make it what i wanted so it ended up not being as good a deal as i thought.

smile.gif

Back