I'm back!!

braidkid

I\'m back!!

So much has happened in the past week, it's incredible.
I got my CFI last wednesday!!!! It was the best feeling in the world!!
I drove up to Maryland this past weekend and am now at my new job at the Patuxent River Naval Airbase in Maryland. I'm going to be working on the F-18 super hornet as a flight test engineer!! So far the job is going to be awesome.
Also, I got a flight instructing job at the Navy flying club on base!!
I just had to get on here and tell everyone what was up. After being unemployed for 2 months and sweating out my CFI checkride it looks like everything is going to work out for the time being.

Anyway, I'm just glad to be back up and running...going an entire week without jetcareers is a painful experience!!!
wink.gif

Re: I\'m back!!

Congrats. See, sometimes things happen for the best! wow!

Now, has anyone heard from Flyitup???

Wonderful man! Glad to hear things are working out for ya! You need to get yourself back online on a regular basis and get yourself back over to the squawk box
smile.gif

Cheers

John Herreshoff

Congrats braidkid...any more flight test engineering positions open? Navair doesnt seem to ever get back to me...they no like me
frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Now, has anyone heard from Flyitup???

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditto. What happened to that guy?

Hello? Flyitup? Where you at??

Way to go braidkid! Sounds like everything has turned out better than expected, huh?

Let us know how it progresses

Surf

Thanks guys for the support. I swear, last week was painful not being able to log on and see what was going on...

I got up to my CFI at the Cessna Employees Flying Club in Wichita, Kansas. Now I need to find a place locally where i can get my CFII and MEI. ATP has a place outside DC which I'm considering. Once i get a little more settled in up here I'll give a brief overview of my CFI checkride in the squawk box. One thing I can say now for all you people working toward the CFI, just study hard and you'll get it. I over stressed myself for months over the ride and it turned out being relatively easy.

As for flyitup, you guys need to give him some encouragement if he does log on. Last I talked to him he started a lawn cutting business in order to support his flying and has been too busy with that. Also he indicated to me that he wasn't sure about flying for a living anymore because of the negativity in the industry.

John, I've really kept my mouth shut in the squawk box ever since the Iraq invasion. I figure it's best not to talk politics on a board like this because all it really does is create hostility when we're all here to support eachother. I still do read all the posts in there but figure it's best to keep my right wing views to myself instead of creating enemies. Afterall, in this business you need all the friends you can get. Hehe, dont worry all you people on the left....I still love ya, I just don't understand ya....
smile.gif

daedaeg,
Yea, I believe they are still needing engineers around here. From what I've seen we are all employed by 4 main groups...the government, Boeing, Northrop, and Contract hire. They have us each designated to one hornet. I have my own hornet of which I'll be responsible for all the testing done to the aircraft. She's a real beauty and puts it all in perspective when I climb into my little bugsmasher.

Also working with all the test pilots is like working with rockstars. It's funny because these navy test pilots are just like ordinary people to all the other engineers around here but to me they're gods....

Check this out...if you're a government employee and you've been here at least 2 years, you can ride 11 hours in the back seat of a hornet!!! I think it's time I get my butt on the government side of the fence!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Check this out...if you're a government employee and you've been here at least 2 years, you can ride 11 hours in the back seat of a hornet!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Braid, can you send me an application?
wink.gif
Thanks!

Surf

Back