IFL Group

Falcons are on a 135 cert while the convairs and boeings are on a 121 cert. Not really sure what you mean by being managed differently, I would say it's the same across the board.

That is true. Putting 50,000 lbs of fuel in an airplane takes some time compared to the convairs that take 13,000 lbs. Plus they need to position the plane on our tiny ramp.

On these 20 min callouts, how is that even possible? I can't even take a shower and get my uniform on any less than that, and then to have to drive there? Do you have to walk around all day in uniform with your car idling in the driveway?? Maybe buy one of those cop lights for the dashboard in case you go out to lunch or the gym and get called?

On these 20 min callouts, how is that even possible? I can't even take a shower and get my uniform on any less than that, and then to have to drive there? Do you have to walk around all day in uniform with your car idling in the driveway?? Maybe buy one of those cop lights for the dashboard in case you go out to lunch or the gym and get called?
Live close to the airport, be tethered to your phone.

GypsyPilot said:
Ah, so it's like USA Jet. That would be a lot more reasonable.

I dunno that rotation wasn't the easiest to predict either. One minute you're fifth in line then all of a sudden the pager goes off for a trip to mexico. Its just the way those jobs are. Keep the bags packed, stay close, a uniform stuffed in the trunk and wait for your sheduled days off to do anything really important.

Now the real men are those who can do that job single pilot with no scheduled time off and loose rest rules. I sure couldn't.

-15 minute callout
-PTK Based (Pontiac, MI - Oakland County Airport)
-Very limited reciprocal jumpseat privileges (can't commute)
-Tied to a leash 24-7 (your cell phone...just like at USA Jet)

That's all I know. I know a couple of people there and they like it. Cool airplanes!

Back