If you were on an airline interview board......

Hey Ya'll,

Hypothetically, if you were on an airline interview board and got to ask any question, what would it be?

Why did you pick this type of question and what kind of answer are you looking for?

Do you like technical questions in interviews?

Just interested,

Gracias,

SR

Tell me about the most and least successful events in your life, and what did you learn from each?

Tell me about the best and worst boss you have had, and tell me about the relationship with each.

Tell me about the best and worst employee you have had and tell me about the relationship with each.

I would much rather technical questions, because there actually is a right and wrong answer. Its cut and dried....

[ QUOTE ]
I would much rather technical questions, because there actually is a right and wrong answer. Its cut and dried....

[/ QUOTE ]

I figure the person is already qualified for the position, so it isn't a "stump the chump" game.

I want to know..

1. does the person learn from their action?
2. how do they relate to others.
3. willing to accept responsability for their actions.
4. could I spend a weekend with this guy/girl and not want to kill them.

#4 is pretty much the hardest one.

[ QUOTE ]
4. could I spend a weekend with this guy/girl and not want to kill them.

#4 is pretty much the hardest one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, especially with you Eagle.
grin.gif
j/k!

I would think something along the lines of "What was the most difficult decision you had to make recently?"

It gives the interviewer an idea of two things. 1) How you make difficult decisions and 2) it shows what you determine a "difficult decision."

If you answer that your most difficult decision was deciding between vanilla and chocolate ice cream, it might mean you don't want that individual making really tough decisions where passengers' lives and a multi-million dollar aircraft are on the line...

Back