If you can hear this transmission, ident.

bLizZuE

Calling for engine starts en français
Yup, that was me leaving Tampa International today.

Turn right heading 170
Heading 170
Turn right heading 170
....Heading 170
If you can hear this transmission, ident.
Crap.

Recieve worked fine, transmit no worky. Reset the avionics master, reset CBs, tried different coms, tried different headsets, different PTT buttons, nothing.

After a descent acknowledged by another ident, we were VFR. I set 1200 in and confirmed my IFR cancellation with another ident. Flew from Tampa all the way back to Vero VFR. Pulled out my cell phone and watched for when I had service. I had maybe 2 bars of service over Arcadia and immediately called the tower. I told him I was about 30 minutes away, NORDO and wanted to land. Right over the phone he cleared me to enter the pattern via a right base and to look for light gun signals.

About 10 miles out I set 7600 again and tower had me ident to acknowledge.

You're number one, cleared to land.

Phew.

Great Success!

borat_lebanon0109.jpg

Huh.... this happened to me on my first solo x-country inside the class B airspace at KSLC.... Almost crapped my self ….

Well done :)

Richard...you've been on a rampage this morning throughout these forums. Take a deep breath and back away from the keyboard!!:beer:

Just a suggestion...
What, you don't like my useless smiley face little dude?;)

Actually, I just blew in late last night from camping and now off with my brother to pick up a full blown 460 motor for his jet boat. 600HP baby!

Cheers and back atcha :beer:

Back