If RW training was the same price as FW would you...

I've got $10 on Charlie. Ian might be the officer, and they're roughly the same size, but I think Charlie is a bit more willing to fight dirty in a fist fight.

Whatever. Sometimes the cooler wasn't even stocked with fresh ice and the waters and sodas were served to me warm. They usually gave me some half-assed excuse like "we were doing a 14-day inspection and the daily all morning and didn't have the time." Wah. If I had time to drink 3 cups of coffee, read the paper, check my email, and play a game of spades with the WOs - all before takeoff - they had time to fill the cooler with ice. Sigh... hard to find a good crew dog sometimes...

:D

It's possible that if you had been a WO, your drinks may have been a little colder ;)

16.gif

I've got $10 on Charlie. Ian might be the officer, and they're roughly the same size, but I think Charlie is a bit more willing to fight dirty in a fist fight.

Oh, I without a doubt am going to lose this one! :) Betting on the crewchief is always the safest. By his next post he'll probably tell you "O" pilots are about as useful as an empty sandbag in a defensive position. Or that when the S hits the fan we're all pretty much like this: :panic:

I think it wouldn't have been a bad idea, if it didn't cost so darn much. Lately I have seen tons more jobs for RW pilots than I have for FW pilots.

edit: If nothing else, it would be nice to have the option to switch over to RW flying while the FW job market is soooo bad.

Oh, I without a doubt am going to lose this one! :) Betting on the crewchief is always the safest. By his next post he'll probably tell you "O" pilots are about as useful as an empty sandbag in a defensive position. Or that when the S hits the fan we're all pretty much like this: :panic:

What's that???

"W" Officers fly aircraft, "O" Officers fly desks! :p

sofahide.gif

Bro, that's the ONLY way to do it.

Do it first, do it fast, and do it dirty.

Fair fights are for school yards and pay-per-view events.

As far as the crewchief versus the officer battle, the crewchief always wins.

"Sir, I think I better take another look at that bearing/seal/corrosion whatever. It might actually be out of limits."

It's probably not, but the pen truly is mightier than the sword, and the poor fool that gets sideways with his crewchief finds his flight time dissipating during the maintenance action required to correct whatever writeup the crewchief just put in the logbook.

There's also a standing order among crewchiefs- don't let the pilots kill you. Attempts on your life by pilots are always prefaced with some sort of phrase resembling:
Commissioned Officer: "In my experience....."
Warrant Officer: "Hey, check this out...."

To be fair, the only serious issue I had along those lines in actual flight were at the hands of a warrant officer. I've never seen that many red Marconi lights on the panel before- 120% Rotor RPM is a BAD thing.

He and I had words after the fact.

Back