If my flight school is a part 141(aero-club) should i go the

joeldominicano

Hello everybody, I am currently finishing my privates at Wright Patterson aero club, par 141/61 school with nice aircraft. I have a 4 yr degreed from Embry riddle worldwide, and I am prior military. I am schedule to start Delta connection academy this august but having second’s thoughts because is so expensive. I looked at other school (erau Daytona, PEA, AVION) Erau had too many students so i would not get to fly much. I was thinking of staying in Dayton Ohio and getting my training at the aero club and finding an instructor that could work with me full time.
Then going to ATP and getting a CRJ training,

Please does anybody have any advice!

Re: If my flight school is a part 141(aero-club) should i go

finish up at your local fbo or flying club, what ever you got there. find a good instructor and go for it. you'll save a ton of money and end up in the same place.... look at the state of the industry right now. DCA is going to get you all your ratings quick and then tell you to build time maybe be a CFI because delta isnt hiring at mins anymore. do some more research, the best bet for me however was to get it done with the smallest amount of debt. what ever you choose to do, do it and dont look back.

The main piece of advice I want to give you here is to STAY AWAY FROM ERJ/CRJ COURSES!!!! Honestly, you are wasting money. If you get your CFI and build experience instructing, you will be able to handle ground school and sim training at any regional. I did my EMB training with Trans States. They are known for being tough. It was very tough, but I got through it and did fairly well. My point is, these CRJ courses cost anywhere from $5k to $10k. Its just a crash course in systems and a little bit of flying in the sim. I think that money could be put to better use elsewhere.

I am sure you are aware of the industry now. Spending money on a CRJ course when nobody is hiring doesn't seem to be the best bet. To me it seems like a marketing gimmick.

Thanks you guys for the advice,

I did my research, decided to stay at my local FBO (par 141 school) and do my rating, and built some time. I meet with an instructor that will be working with me full time, lucky me:)

After hearing, what you guys said about the CRJ training i might have to do some more research before i make any decisions.

Thanks again

Back