If I have a Sport Pilot Certificate...

You should disclose your medical history to your CFI if you start this thing.

Honestly and with no offense intended, I would not act as your instructor. I'm no doctor, but it seems clear from your posts in the Aviation Med section that you need to straighten a few things out before you step into an airplane - LSA or otherwise.

Why don't you have a driver's license?

Wait, you say if I have a medical condition such as the disorders I mentioned in the med forum, I can't fly as a sport pilot, even if I never ever been denied a medical before? Oh man, this stinks!

From your posts I gather you're only 17! IMHO, getting healthy, getting a degree and enjoying life at that age are far more important than flying airplanes. Many of us didn't get started with the flying until well into our 20's or 30's due to a variety of reasons, including health!

Worry about your health first. Aviation won't go away! :)

I was just going to ask, what happens if the FAA asks a sport pilot to do a post drug taccident est and he tests positive for something like antidepressants?

I haven't heard of a case involving that, but I'd have no interest in being involved in that lawsuit.

Wait, you say if I have a medical condition such as the disorders I mentioned in the med forum, I can't fly as a sport pilot, even if I never ever been denied a medical before? Oh man, this stinks!

That's how I interpret it. I'm no expert, but I am planning on getting my sport pilot instructor rating soon so I've been studying this stuff.
<br><br>
Seriously, maybe you should allow some time for your health problems to resolve. It sounds like there are good reasons you shouldn't be flying yet. Getting a medical isn't just proving to the FAA you're fit to fly, it's proving it to yourself. Listen to the advice given by the professionals.

Back