If anyone's going to be...

EatSleepFly

If anyone\'s going to be...

...in IAD tomorrow (3/1) all day, or MDW Tues/Wed. (3/2-3/3), shoot me a PM. I'll be there sittin' around!
smile.gif

Re: If anyone\'s going to be...

We keep on missing each other. You were at GAI the day I left for SIN and now you're in IAD two days after I got back from there.

I don't know if I'll be able to head on out to IAD tomorrow but if I get a chance, I'll PM you. Or you can PM me and I'll give you my cell number.

Now, since there's a choice at IAD, why on earth would ANYONE want to go to Signature?
smile.gif

Ray

Because the customer can go where ever they choose. Many times they have a preference and we go where they request.

At my charter we charge a $200 handling fee whenever we are forced to go to Signature. If the customer wants to pay that's fine.

I've always referred to Signature as "The Borg"

[ QUOTE ]
Now, since there's a choice at IAD, why on earth would ANYONE want to go to Signature?
smile.gif

Ray

[/ QUOTE ]

We had no complaints at all about Signature IAD today (except that they didn't answer our "in range" call despite a whole bunch of tries).

Other than that, they were courteous, hooked us up with a crew car (right at noon no less), and gave us easy to follow directions to a good restaurant.

Best service I've ever had at a Signature...

Dunno why Signature gets the bad comments. I use em whenever I can, especially for their weekend rates, at BNA, [especially BNA] SAV, PIE, MSP, MKE MDW, MCO, HSV DTW, CLT, CID, and YIP - 'cept I think Willow Run is now owned by another company. Sheesh - some of these have fireplaces - kinda nice for the PAX. But, I do remember my chagrin when, long-ago on a student X-country in a rental Warrior, Signature at Southbend popped me for $6 when I didnt buy fuel. I don't think Signature is at South Bend anymore. Live and Learn.

I'm flying a 3-day starting tomorrow, so I'll be around MDW. I start my trip around 4:00 pm tomorrow, and have just a few breaks. PM me if you're up for meeting, I'll pass you my cell number. Maybe some Portillo's for lunch?

Yeah, I'll be getting in there around 0830 so I'm up for lunch, if you want!

I'll PM you my cell #.

I was at BNA yesterday and used Signature. Great service, hooked me up with a nice crew car and they were extremely friendly.

Most Signatures charge exhorbitant (and I mean exhorbitant) ramp and user fees. For me to drop off a passenger at Miami is $94 in the Baron and $128 in the Navajo.

That's just gouging and taking advantage of being the only FBO at the airport.

Fees are not as high but still bad at JAX and CLT. Amazingly, there are fees at MCO and PIE, with another FBO right next door, and I STILL see nice aircraft parked there.

You will usually get good service at signature but they have a corporate policy of gouging transients on handling fees and fuel prices. Unfortunately the low level rampers and CSR's take all the heat for these policies while the company men that institute them sit back and rake it in. Also, the handling fees at most of the smaller signature locations are completely dropped if you purchase a minimum amout of fuel; 22 gallons for a light twin and 7 gallons for a single.

Most of the large aircraft you see at signature probably have contract fuel arrangements. I used to work there but never use signature if I'm paying the bills, especially if I plan to stay overnight.

Back