Ideas for the event.

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
If there's something you want to see or someone you want to see there, Speak UP!

It's March, I'd like to have the exhibitor list solid in the next 60 days so I can see if I'm going to need even more space and can coordinate with the venue.

If your employer has any interest in a career event this October, have them visit aviationcareerexpo.com or send an email to events@jetcareers.com and I'll contact them personally.

If you know of any interesting products that you'd like to see highlighted at the event, see the above paragraph (how's that for lazy? :))

PLEASE tell us you haven't become the next Kit Darby, and that this event isn't going to cost $100 to gain admittance to a ballroom full of recruiters from companies that aren't actually hiring.....

PLEASE tell us you haven't become the next Kit Darby, and that this event isn't going to cost $100 to gain admittance to a ballroom full of recruiters from companies that aren't actually hiring.....

Dude. If you'd get off your rump and attend an event for once, you'd know better than to ask that question.

How about a different approach to the job fair?

Have the formal; wear-a-tie, pass-a-resume, look-at-the-name tag shake-a-hand job fair.

In addition, have an informal social gathering (aside from the "pure" networking event). No ties, no name tags, and no company logos. Just people talking. Perhaps do it prior to the formal job fair. Kind of a mixer. I think in that format, it might take some of the edge off and just let people talk.

In the end, that is what an organization is hiring. People.

Thoughts?

Excellent.

My "grand vision" is a non-formal "main" event where it's biz-casual, pilot recruiters, service providers, education events/presentations in breakout rooms during the "AviationCareerExpo" function. You know, save your suits for the interview. But then at the "NetworkJC" function, very casual, fun, more what we're traditionally accustomed to during the annual events.

There'll be some people that come simply for the "career" aspect of the event to look for jobs, but there are going to be quite a number of people that are looking to mingle and check out the latest and greatest products and services geared towards aviators, air traffic controllers and travel professionals.

But then, later on, well, hell it's Vegas, let's rip it up a little, you know?

I think a nice slideshow glorifying me would be a nice start. If not, then I liked the informal "meet 'n greet" aspect to it. Your vision seems to be perfect and I think that is the one that makes the most sense.

How about a different approach to the job fair?

Have the formal; wear-a-tie, pass-a-resume, look-at-the-name tag shake-a-hand job fair.

In addition, have an informal social gathering (aside from the "pure" networking event). No ties, no name tags, and no company logos. Just people talking. Perhaps do it prior to the formal job fair. Kind of a mixer. I think in that format, it might take some of the edge off and just let people talk.

In the end, that is what an organization is hiring. People.

Thoughts?

Or, rather than a job fair where companies get booth space and applicants/seekers walk by them...flip it. Sell booths to the applicant/seekers and they can decorate and market those booths anyway they see fit to attract attention. The company reps can walk through and stop at the booths that look interesting to them.

Or, rather than a job fair where companies get booth space and applicants/seekers walk by them...flip it. Sell booths to the applicant/seekers and they can decorate and market those booths anyway they see fit to attract attention. The company reps can walk through and stop at the booths that look interesting to them.
hmmmmmmmmmm what do you think applicants would for a booth? i suppose we could supply the construction paper, crayons, scissors and glue! :D

the unfortunate thing is that i don't think we'd be able to fund the event because applicants obviously wouldn't have the same fundage amount to offer as companies would.

it's a neat idea tho!! very outside the box which is something we like!

One sheet of paper would take the reps by storm: WILL FLY FOR FREE!

...and I have met that Kit Darby guy...he gave me a queasy feeling in my stomach....and Doug I am proud to say is my friend, and believe me, his intentions are pure.

Dough, I met Kit Darby, and you ain't no Kit Darby

Hey...the reason I clicked on this thread in the first place.

Winnie offered to do a resume workshop, and clinic...even if this event is before October 24 and I cannot attend...

I thought the round table went well 2 years ago.....

Some learning seminars such as CRM or loss of engine power due to ice crystallization in the engines could be interesting.

Back