Idea for a reality TV show

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
Perhaps we could have some of the flight academies volunteer to offer free training to 10 students.

We could start with 50 people, make them do a bunch of goofy stuff like identify movie quotes, eat snakes, whatever, and whittle them down to 10 students.

And then watch with purient interest to see which ones actually make the cut.

Darwinism/"Natural Selection" at it's best!
smile.gif

Aww, nevermind.

[ QUOTE ]
We could start with 50 people, make them do a bunch of goofy stuff like identify movie quotes, eat snakes, whatever, and whittle them down to 10 students.

And then watch with purient interest to see which ones actually make the cut.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, that already sounds like a typical 141 program!

tongue.gif

It'd be pretty interesting for the "Discover: Wings" channel. So far, that channel is rather boring.

[ QUOTE ]
It'd be pretty interesting for the "Discover: Wings" channel. So far, that channel is rather boring.

[/ QUOTE ]

They shoule rename it:

"Discover: The Re-runs of Wings" channel.

It would be an interesting show .. CBS did something similar last fall with fighter pilots. Don't think it did too well though.

[ QUOTE ]
It would be an interesting show .. CBS did something similar last fall with fighter pilots. Don't think it did too well though.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it didnt work with fighter pilots, it definitely wouldn't work with airline pilots.

-Brian

I know, I'm just trying to hook you guys up with some training!

[ QUOTE ]
I know, I'm just trying to hook you guys up with some training!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for caring!
grin.gif

I suppose someone could run a mini-competition and then submit the winners to MTV's "Made" - I think that would be a pretty cool episode.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, they left us hanging. The "surfer-dude" was on his first real aiplane ride and the brakes failed. We never got to see what happened!
I was SOOOO disappointed!!
tongue.gif

You know that's not such a crazy idea (okay having to eat snakes is).

A reality show that took ordinary people from PPL to Commericial might be really good for GA.

It would show that amount of training needed to be a pilot and that not everybody can do it.

As a reward the people who actually make it through could be given a new plane.

And then a while after the show they could do a follow up and you could see what they did with their new ratings.

I know I'd watch it.

Might be cool to follow some pilots through airline training. Show all the information that gets pounded into your heads as new-hires... just tell them they need to party more than normal, all live in the same crashpad, etc. Then they all get assigned to the same domicile, new crashpad, and follow them on trips and stuff for a while while the wrinkles get ironed out in IOE.

Like I said though, don't give it a thought. (If you can tell me what aviation movie that quote is from, you get 100 points!)
smile.gif

Red Bull has come up with a great way to pay for lessons. I heard that they are coming to AUS in March. Winner gets $7500. All you have to do is build a human powered "flying machine" and then take it off a ramp into the river. Longest flight, er... jump gets the loot.

[ QUOTE ]
I was SOOOO disappointed!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too, it was called "American Fighter Pilot". I mean, I guess it was kind of a cheesy deal but I love military fighters and was into it.

They totally left us hanging and I was bummed.

Surf

Back