Ice Pilots' Arnie Schreder dies:

fholbert

Mod's - Please don't edit my posts!
li-arnie-schreder.jpg

Arnie Schreder – one of the stars of Ice Pilots NWT has died after a battle with cancer.

Schreder was a chief pilot at Yellowknife-based Buffalo Airways, and was a star of the show for three seasons. The reality program — which airs on History Television — follows bush pilots with Buffalo Airways, while flies Second World War-vintage airplanes year-round in Canada's North.

Story Here:
http://www.kathrynsreport.com/2012/05/ice-pilots-arnie-schreder-dies-northern.html

He was the best one around there. I would have loved to been able to run around the pattern with him a few times.

That's really sad, he really seemed like a guy you could have a beer with and talk flying :(

RIP. Now that guy was a true northern flying OG. I can only imagine the things he has seen and done in his day.

Gosh this is sad news. He was a really interesting guy on the show. RIP

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cool to see a guy going out doing what he loves, instead of progressively rotting away in between golf rounds.

Arnie truly seemed like one of the original surviving bush flying pioneers. His death is a great loss to the aviation community. And although you can only learn so much about someone from a tv show, he seemed like a consummate professional and a genuinely nice guy.

RIP Arnie.

So sad. I would have loved to met him and shot the breeze about flying. I can only imagine what he's seen in his lifetime.

Back