IACRA problems?

DPApilot

GUYSH! GUYSH! GUYSH!
Anyone else having problems?
Because it wont accept me, i have to go to the Honolulu FSDO today to pick up an 8710, cause the printer at the hotel doesnt work.
Great!

Pick up a bunch of them, and some address change cards too.

Oh NASA forms are always good too...

and they're free....or you've already paid for them with tax dollars if you prefer to look at it that way...

Pick up a bunch of them, and some address change cards too.

Oh NASA forms are always good too...

and they're free....or you've already paid for them with tax dollars if you prefer to look at it that way...

You're a funny guy martin!
Go back to your FMS sim :p

And trust me, i already dealt with the whole address change thing... it took me 4.5 months cause they didnt have my name right in the system...

I think the FAA hates me....

Wait, dont they hate everyone?

I don't even know what IACRA is. Must be some form-fill deal. Luckily, we have a Susan and Barbara to handle all that work for us.

Show of hands - "Who remembers when you wanted to doozy up a form, you'd stick it in a type writer and try to get the type inside the lines?"

I hope they'll still accept hand-written ones, I have to renew my CFI this year...

Just got off IACRA 15 minutes ago and had no problems getting a student's 8710 completed. You are most likely doing something incorrect. Where are you getting stuck?

I don't even know what IACRA is. Must be some form-fill deal. Luckily, we have a Susan and Barbara to handle all that work for us.

Show of hands - "Who remembers when you wanted to doozy up a form, you'd stick it in a type writer and try to get the type inside the lines?"

I hope they'll still accept hand-written ones, I have to renew my CFI this year...

It's more than a "form filler-outer" program.... it essentially makes the entire process paperless so you don't even have to fill out an 8710. Great idea but if everything isn't spot on identical to what the FAA computer thinks it should be, there are problems.

jec

PS - Yeah, I remember trying to type applications with a typewriter. What a PITA.

Fear not. They do.

First time I tried to use IACRA it wasn't having any of it. 2nd time, in December, it was seamless. Great idea in theory, sounds like the FAA probably accepted the lowest bid when contracting it out, and sometimes it shows.

Have you tried their help line? 1-866-285-4942. They usually can help me through any problems in a few mins. And even better, you actually talk to a real live human being instead of the automated computer phone tree mess.

Back