Iacra cfi renewal

USMC-SSGT

My CFI expires on the 31st of this month so I contacted my local FSDO and they said to fill out the IACRA and bring proof of my pass rate and Ill be all set.

I get into IACRA and I do not see any specific options for what I am looking for. I would assume part 61 but it is not technically part of the completion of a required test. I would also assume under the commercial tab since it is a commercial license.

1. Does anyone know if a CFI renewal can be done on IACRA and if so, how do I do it?

2. They want proof of my ten passes to renew, all I have is after each checkride I wrote down the students name, the ride taken, the dpe they took it with and the date. They were all IACRA so common logic would say they can use an admin login to lookup my name and see who has passed but it is the FAA so I doubt its that simple. Do you think what I have will work as for the names dates etc?

http://iacra.faa.gov/iacra/NewsEvents.aspx

1. Yes, you can use IACRA for a CFI renewal. However, knowing how things work, I would show up not only with your FTN from IACRA, but also a neatly completed FAA Form 8710-1. You can use IACRA to print a draft and then use it online at another site to enter the data. The reason for all those steps is to ensure you don't do the usual little mistakes like putting height in feet and inches instead of inches.

http://forms.faa.gov/forms/faa8710-1a.pdf

2. If "they" want proof of ten passes, then "they" are a few generations behind on FAR changes. Show them 14 CFR 61.197(a)(2)(i).

http://www1.airweb.faa.gov/Regulato...C854E1ACB7DBCE6186256959004C28A1?OpenDocument

3. Could they look it up? Yes and no. Yes if all the people you recommended took their practical test in that district. However, they have no way of knowing if you sent all your failures to another region. Besides, do you REALLY want to go into the FSDO and ask someone to do more work than they have to in order to renew your flight instructor certificate? Bring the documentation that you have in a nice neat format. Perhaps something done on and Excel sheet. I won't say it will absolutely positively be enough, but I will say that unless you run into an extremely unusual situation, it will be enough.

I get into IACRA and I do not see any specific options for what I am looking for. I would assume part 61 but it is not technically part of the completion of a required test. I would also assume under the commercial tab since it is a commercial license.
After you click on "Start or Retrieve Application", you go to Start a New Application, then when it says "Select the type of application", use the pull down menu and click on INSTRUCTORS.

You are renewing your Flight Instructor Certificate, not your Commercial Pilot Certificate.

Semper Fi

Ok so right off the bat I get stuck again. I select start new application and then the first tab is reissue and the only options I have are remove limitation and CFI/CFII Gold Seal Initial. I will try to select PILOT from the drop down and see how far I get.

I hate IACRA and ive probably used it over 20 times already and I still cant work it

Ok nevermind..I just logged out and went back in and an instructors drop down appeared out of thin air.

Don't forget to call ahead and ask if an appointment is needed. It is frustrating to make a wasted trip to the FSDO because they require appointments, but it definitely happens at some FSDOs. You may not need one, but it never hurts to check.

Don't forget to call ahead and ask if an appointment is needed. It is frustrating to make a wasted trip to the FSDO because they require appointments, but it definitely happens at some FSDOs. You may not need one, but it never hurts to check.

Good point...im locked in for the 31st at 8am, a mere 16 hours before it expires.

Back