IA test prep program recommendations and reviews

nibake

Powder hound
Does anyone have experience with any onsite IA prep programs? The first one I found searching online was T Black Aviation. Good or bad experiences? Is it even worth it to do an onsite prep program? I don't mind spending a little money if I will actually learn useful information from good instructors. If it's just memorizing test prep materials than I'd rather do that at home.

Edit: title

Last edited:
Does anyone have experience with any onsite IA prep programs? The first one I found searching online was T Black Aviation. Good or bad experiences? Is it even worth it to do an onsite prep program? I don't mind spending a little money if I will actually learn useful information from good instructors. If it's just memorizing test prep materials than I'd rather do that at home.
If you've been working as a mechanic and doing your own paperwork and research then there really isn't much more to learn honestly...

I used ASA's test prep software to get the feel of the test and then went and took it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

If you've been working as a mechanic and doing your own paperwork and research then there really isn't much more to learn honestly...

I used ASA's test prep software to get the feel of the test and then went and took it.

This. Once I met the requirements I bought an ASA prep book off amazon. Got an 86 IIRC.

I think the only advice I have is that during the test you only get what's in the test supplement so when you study if it's not in the test supplement you have to know it.

I just realized that I've been an IA for ten years this year hah.

I think the only advice I have is that during the test you only get what's in the test supplement so when you study if it's not in the test supplement you have to know it.

I just realized that I've been an IA for ten years this year hah.

PA28 TCDS
B190 CT blade AD
King Air wing bolt AD
MEL categories don’t apply during part 91 operations
A repair station can give you a work order in lieu of an 8130.
That’s what I remember.

I also did the ASA test prep book and got the test supplement online..... No need to spent a lot of money on a course. Get to know where to look for your answers and read carefully.

Am I the only one that remembers the question about the Beecraft Honey Bee? Lol, it's been 23 years since I did the test, it's probably changed a little! I did the Baker test prep and was happy with it, but like I said, that was a long time ago.

Sounds good. I've done ASA several times in the past so I'll probably go that route again. Of course, anything with an app would be helpful, too.

Back