I would just like to say...

jjm

that if this "big news announcement" from CJC management ends up being:

-- a BRAND NEW recliner for the crew lounge!
or
-- a RAFFLE for a free two night stay at the Wyndham!
or
-- <feel free to add your own>

then I am going to be sorely disappointed and probably a little pissed off. :banghead: The first thing I thought of when I woke up this morning was "I wonder what the big announcement is going to be!" like a little kid on Christmas. But then again I am new to all of this and probably a little-- (A LOT)-- naive.

If it is like most CJC announcements it just wont happen. In the year + that I have been here everytime a date is set on the rumor mill for a big announcement it just simply never happens.

Guys- honestly its not going to happen.

Don't get yourself worked up because it just simply wont happen.

Oh yeah....today is the 3rd...
Doubt I'll sit here and hold my breath. Blue really isn't my color. :p

Who said there was going to be a big announcement anyway? I never read anything, or heard anything from management. People get way to hyped up from rumours.

Didn't we go through this like a month ago. I think the big announcement was ...... there will be no big announcement.

Maybe BC will come out and say something like "Pinnacle Holdings has finally come to their senses. Effective immediately, both Colgan and Pinnacle Airlines will be seeing across the board pay raises. In addition, we have decided NOT to fight the unionization drive at Colgan. Furthermore, after much contemplation, the management team at Pinnacle Airlines has decided it's in the best interest of all parties to settle the contract dispute with the pilots. Therefore, we have decided to agree to the current proposal the pilot's negotiating committee has put forther. We feel that this proposal will not only offer the speediest solution to closing these long and grueling negotiations, but it will also position Pinnacle (and through their association with the same holding company, Colgan) to take advantage of any flying that becomes available on short term notice. We look forward to advancing business at both Colgan and Pinnacle divisions and feel that these courses of action will benefit all of our People."

And then...I woke up.

Didn't we go through this like a month ago. I think the big announcement was ...... there will be no big announcement.

Maybe BC will come out and say something like "Pinnacle Holdings has finally come to their senses. Effective immediately, both Colgan and Pinnacle Airlines will be seeing across the board pay raises. In addition, we have decided NOT to fight the unionization drive at Colgan. Furthermore, after much contemplation, the management team at Pinnacle Airlines has decided it's in the best interest of all parties to settle the contract dispute with the pilots. Therefore, we have decided to agree to the current proposal the pilot's negotiating committee has put forther. We feel that this proposal will not only offer the speediest solution to closing these long and grueling negotiations, but it will also position Pinnacle (and through their association with the same holding company, Colgan) to take advantage of any flying that becomes available on short term notice. We look forward to advancing business at both Colgan and Pinnacle divisions and feel that these courses of action will benefit all of our People."

And then...I woke up.

Ha, nice one! I'm sure that's the announcement that is just around the corner.

Funny, i just heard that RAH just bought/is buying Pinnacle holdings... In consolidation they wanted to further diversify their code shares, types, and certificates.

$243 mil+ bonus

Hopefully in two weeks there will be a BIG announcement that we are unionized. Did you vote JJM?

At Eagle, we get a rumor that there will be a "BIG ANNOUNCEMENT ON FRIDAY!"

Apparently this week, it actually happened.

On a Tuesday. Weirdness. C'est la vie.

Back