I passed

captainphil

I took my stage 2 flight today as well as oral and I passed all the parts for it. Now I need to figure out where I am going to do my solo cross country.I am so happy i'm making some progress at least cause I should have had my certificate by now.

Did they make you do a weather diversion yet? When I did my stage check I knew he was going to throw a surprise weather diversion in (I was tipped of by other students). Well, turns out we are flying towards a huge cloud bank, and I said "I think this would be a good time for a weather diversion". And the instructor just said "umm, yup, a very good time". So I got some experience doing an actual weather diversion. Turns out there was a trough parked over the area we were heading, and it caused some unexpected cloud formation. When do you take your solo x-country?

Did they make you do a weather diversion yet? When I did my stage check I knew he was going to throw a surprise weather diversion in (I was tipped of by other students). Well, turns out we are flying towards a huge cloud bank, and I said "I think this would be a good time for a weather diversion". And the instructor just said "umm, yup, a very good time". So I got some experience doing an actual weather diversion. Turns out there was a trough parked over the area we were heading, and it caused some unexpected cloud formation. When do you take your solo x-country?

Not sure if I need the ok from my instructor yet or if I just can go, i'm going to ask him.

I took my stage 2 flight today as well as oral and I passed all the parts for it. Now I need to figure out where I am going to do my solo cross country.I am so happy i'm making some progress at least cause I should have had my certificate by now.

First let me say congrats, you are done with the hardest parts, IMHO.

As per the last comment you made, don't put so much emphasis on time. I know that sounds cliche', but my Indian students were tripping about that... "Joseph, how long is it going to be until I finish the entire program, I need to know a speciffic day."(As if I could determine that 6 months out!)... I always just told them, it takes as long as it takes.

Let it be a labor of love... some ratings take much longer than others because of bad breaks, some take much less time than you anticipated, so it works out in the end. Take the amount of time you expect each rating to finish in, and multiply it by 1.5 That should ballpark you.

Again, good job.

Back