I PASSED!!!! AHAHAHAAHA

E_Dawg

Hey!!!! I passed my Instrument ride today!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was one HARD ride but also very fun!!

If anyone wants the scoop I'll write it down for ya; just ask here or PM me!!!!

Out.

P.S. Iain is now beaten in TT for good.

WAY TO GO!!! I know how much time you have put into getting this both by hitting the books and going flying. I made it a sticky so everyone can have the opportunity to see your post!

Congrats! I'd love to hear about it. I'm working on mine and having a heck of a time, it's usually actual with ice, wind, hail rain, snow in Oregon.

Ed,

Congrats man!
smile.gif

If you can find the time, I too would enjoy reading a report on your checkride.

I'm planning on taking mine sometime during the next couple months...

Muhahahah!

My legion of evil Jetcareers pilots grows by the day!

Told ya you'd pass it. I think most of us would enjoy reading the the nitty gritty after you get done celebrating.

Muchos Congratulationes Amigo.

[ QUOTE ]
Congrats! Did your examiner really tell you to shut up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I kept talking my way through the approaches; it really helps me out because if I SEE it on the chart, LOOK AT IT on the NAV radio and the VOR dial, POINT TO IT, and SAY IT, it helps protect me from possible mistakes. I think he was just playing with me at that point anyways (he was reeaaalllyyy hard to read) but regardless, if it helps, do it.

Congrats man! That's a hard one to get knocked off, but feels great afterwords!

Time to start on the commercial, eh?
smile.gif

Cheers

John Herreshoff

That's tricky doing the checkride in a 152.. no intersection holds/work, ADF, GPS, etc.. don't get me wrong, I'm jealous
smile.gif
.. I'm doing my instrument ride this month, so thanks for the pointers!

-Sean

Hella grats, dude! Commercial next?

and ...

[ QUOTE ]
My legion of evil Jetcareers pilots grows by the day!

[/ QUOTE ]

shocked.gif
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
That's tricky doing the checkride in a 152.. no intersection holds/work, ADF, GPS, etc.. don't get me wrong, I'm jealous
smile.gif
.. I'm doing my instrument ride this month, so thanks for the pointers!

-Sean

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it has dual VORs and an ADF, the hold on the ride was at an intersection with a parallel entry, IMHO it would actually be MORE difficult with only one VOR; the non precision (sp!!!) approaches would be TOUGH. The ADF has been inop
smirk.gif
for who knows how long so I'm going up this week in a 172 to learn DME arcs and NDB stuff.

-----

And mirvc211 I did my ride with a gentleman from Hawthorne who is a test pilot at Gulfstream. It was quite cool talking to him.

-----

Thanks for the responses everyone! Yes the commercial will be next. My DE offered to do the Comm ride as a 'stage check' to my CFI, where I could do the maneuvers from the right seat and he'd give me feedback as to what I can work on when the CFI ride comes; but that's a long way off; for now it's Vegas this weekend with my dad where hopefully I'll get some use out of this so called 'instrument rating' thing!

-----

Hey Iain this is embarrassing; you gonna 'unstick' this thing any time soon???
blush.gif
blush.gif
smirk.gif

Back