I love my job but family comes first....

@aduque

Check out some HIPAA plans. Do a search on the net. One broker in New York is George Fox for example and he can get a policy for anyone in the country. http://www.linkedin.com/in/georgefoxpff Someone I know has a HIPAA plan because of him and they had pre-existings including cancer. Now they are not cheap, (I think my friend is paying about $650.00 a month with a low deductible and very reasonable co-pays) but they do provide coverage with good private insurance companies such as Aetna. It may be a temp fix for you until you can get insurance through an employer.

My most sincere best wishes for your wife and I hope she stays free of any future issues. Be positive. These days with treatments, early intervention, follow up testing/exams and drugs, her odds are very good. And you are doing the right thing. Nothing, I mean nothing, comes before your wife or children. Take care and I hope that things turn around quickly and work out for you.

@aduque

Check out some HIPAA plans. Do a search on the net. One broker in New York is George Fox for example and he can get a policy for anyone in the country. http://www.linkedin.com/in/georgefoxpff Someone I know has a HIPAA plan because of him and they had pre-existings including cancer. Now they are not cheap, (I think my friend is paying about $650.00 a month with a low deductible and very reasonable co-pays) but they do provide coverage with good private insurance companies such as Aetna. It may be a temp fix for you until you can get insurance through an employer.

My most sincere best wishes for your wife and I hope she stays free of any future issues. Be positive. These days with treatments, early intervention, follow up testing/exams and drugs, her odds are very good. And you are doing the right thing. Nothing, I mean nothing, comes before your wife or children. Take care and I hope that things turn around quickly and work out for you.

Awesome! thanks....She is doing great thankfully and like you said technology and new treatments gives us peace of mind just in case. Thank you again.

No problem. I am very happy to hear that she is doing well. It's a very scarey and nerve wracking thing to have to undergo, but it does put life in perspective in a hurry. It also makes you realize just how important she is to you, what she means and you become even more connected and bonded. It's very significant having someone who loves you to be there, really be there and committed to you, no matter what. I wish the both of you many long and happy years together. And, it looks like she chose the right man.

Sorry to hear about it, but glad she is doing well. I would have to say if you do decide to look at 121 (at least right now) XJT has/had great insurance. My wife has had cancer and had a hysterectomy and the insurance was phenomenal, I miss it every time I pay a medical bill. I wish the best for you both and good luck.

Sorry to hear about it, but glad she is doing well. I would have to say if you do decide to look at 121 (at least right now) XJT has/had great insurance. My wife has had cancer and had a hysterectomy and the insurance was phenomenal, I miss it every time I pay a medical bill. I wish the best for you both and good luck.

Thanks for the Tip. How is your wife doing?

Keep us updated and congrats! I hope it works out well for you both. Attitude is more than half the battle and you seem to have a positive, upbeat outlook. That will help carry you through. Perspective and looking forward is the way to go. Good luck!

Keep us updated and congrats! I hope it works out well for you both. Attitude is more than half the battle and you seem to have a positive, upbeat outlook. That will help carry you through. Perspective and looking forward is the way to go. Good luck!

Will do! Thanks again.....

I've always found the 121 world to offer great benefits. Most pilots don't realize how good they have it in the area of health insurance.

This is somewhat true at the Mormon Air Force, and certainly true at the majors. (The Old Man's healthcare options make me faint dead away, and I actually have pretty good access to various plans too.)

Quick update. Leaving my Corporate gig at the end of next week and start training with a Regional on the 26th. I'm excited and happy.....on to a new adventure.

Thank you all.....

Congrats on the new job and I hope your wife is continuing to do well!

Back