I heart crew scheduling!

How bout this one..... Assignment of a ready reserve from 1800 to 2400 --- with 4 hard days off beginning the next day. Complete waste of resources. I had to call them and advise them I could not be "junior manned" according to the contract...and that I was basically of no use to them.. mind you this is taking place at 2100... " you are right sir, but we are still unable to release you." I heart commuting home on my day off!!!!

The posters hanging up around the crew lounge about having a good attitude is just not enough these days! I'm thinking of opening a boiled peanut stand in front of the local 7-Eleven.

Wow.... THAT is a genuine kick in the sack... I think they did that just because they can, which is ridiculous.

How bout this one..... Assignment of a ready reserve from 1800 to 2400 --- with 4 hard days off beginning the next day. Complete waste of resources. I had to call them and advise them I could not be "junior manned" according to the contract...and that I was basically of no use to them.. mind you this is taking place at 2100... " you are right sir, but we are still unable to release you." I heart commuting home on my day off!!!!

The posters hanging up around the crew lounge about having a good attitude is just not enough these days! I'm thinking of opening a boiled peanut stand in front of the local 7-Eleven.

You must work at Comair, 'cause that sounds like a Comair scheduler. While I was on reserve, they pulled me off a trip once because I was 30/7, as soon as I got back into base they put me on ready reserve with a hard day off the next day. I kid you not! I tried to explain it to them that I was 30/7, but of course they didn't listen. To make a long story short, I just went home and took my 4:20 credit for my ready reserve. Never got a call of course.

If you're silly enough to answer your phone on your day(s) off:

"I'd love to fly <X>, you could not believe how much I need the money but unfortunately I can't accept this junior assignment because [I'm not legal] | [I'm on top of Mt. Kilimanjaro] | [I've been drinking and respect or 12 hour rule] | [working these flights will make me illegal for my trip in three days.] | [I'm under the influence of NyQuil for a cold]."

"I'd love to fly <X>, you could not believe how much I need the money but unfortunately I can't accept this junior assignment because [I'm not legal] | [I'm on top of Mt. Kilimanjaro] | [I've been drinking and respect or 12 hour rule] | [working these flights will make me illegal for my trip in three days.] | [I'm under the influence of NyQuil for a cold]."

:yeahthat:

My standard response (and yes, I would actually answer the phone just to mess with them): "I would love to accept that junior assignment! I'll just need you to tell dispatch to delay the flight for the next 72 hours until I get there. Sound good?"

Long pause, then scheduling responds: "Ummmm, yeaaah, thanks anyway. We'll get somebody else." *click*

You must work at Comair, 'cause that sounds like a Comair scheduler. While I was on reserve, they pulled me off a trip once because I was 30/7, as soon as I got back into base they put me on ready reserve with a hard day off the next day. I kid you not! I tried to explain it to them that I was 30/7, but of course they didn't listen. To make a long story short, I just went home and took my 4:20 credit for my ready reserve. Never got a call of course.

Of Course!! I knew they couldn't use me, but due to the state of the industry and it being my first year (probation) I stayed. I could just see them calling me for something, ya know, that "taxi something" line they give us as an excuse to not release us. It just would have been to easy for them to can me for it.

Thats funny. Sometimes my kiddos answer my phone when it rings, ya know, they like to be helpful, so I have scheduling listed in my address book as "DO NOT ANSWER." Hopefully that would get the point across... hehehe

Come to think of it, I might run into a problem using that in my address book; I don't think I can use the same entry more than once. As a first year FO I am beginning to have to avoid the phone calls from bill collectors as well.. :)

I could just see them calling me for something, ya know, that "taxi something" line they give us as an excuse to not release us. It just would have been to easy for them to can me for it.

They tried to pull that "taxi an airplane from C42 to the Hangar" crap with me once. I actually refused it and told them to strap a tug on it and do it. They put me on ready reserve (after getting pulled off a trip). I was surprised I didn't get called by the CP. Anyway, a brand new FO sitting ready got called out to do it 5 mins before he was suppose to be released. Real nice of them.

I got ton's more stories and could probably write a book.

Well, about 15 minutes after my previous post in this thread, the dreaded phone call came in.

I was scheduled 18 hours in SHV, fly back to MEM, done at 8 am and off for the rest of the day. Well, at 9 PM, my phone rings. I let it go to VM....then my hotel room phone rings. WTF? "We just wanted to make sure you got notified of the two out and backs we just put on your schedule for tomorrow." OMG, if I could have come through the phone and strangled the poor girl, I would have. It's a rare issue when you're off at 8 AM, then have the following two days off. So, I went from being off at 8 AM to being off at 6 PM. The sooner I grab one of those high speed lines, the sooner I'll be less homicidal.

Well, about 15 minutes after my previous post in this thread, the dreaded phone call came in.

I was scheduled 18 hours in SHV, fly back to MEM, done at 8 am and off for the rest of the day. Well, at 9 PM, my phone rings. I let it go to VM....then my hotel room phone rings. WTF? "We just wanted to make sure you got notified of the two out and backs we just put on your schedule for tomorrow." OMG, if I could have come through the phone and strangled the poor girl, I would have. It's a rare issue when you're off at 8 AM, then have the following two days off. So, I went from being off at 8 AM to being off at 6 PM. The sooner I grab one of those high speed lines, the sooner I'll be less homicidal.

Never, and I repeat NEVER answer the phone in the hotel. There is nothing good that can come of it (bad previous experiences). If it's one of your crewmates looking to grab a bite to eat then they can knock, they know what room I'm in. I actually tell my crew that I won't answer the phone in the room. If you want me come and get me. The only people besides them who know where I am is crew scheduling!!!!

Never, and I repeat NEVER answer the phone in the hotel. There is nothing good that can come of it (bad previous experiences). If it's one of your crewmates looking to grab a bite to eat then they can knock, they know what room I'm in. I actually tell my crew that I won't answer the phone in the room. If you want me come and get me. The only people besides them who know where I am is crew scheduling!!!!

Heh, actually I let that one ring, too. Problem with being on reserve here is if you're at work, and they wanna nail you, they will. They'll either send you an ACARS message or a crew message that you have to acknowledge when you "check out" before going home. So, if I hadn't done the "log on and look" thing with CrewTrac from the hotel, I woulda seen I was getting the shaft about 2 minutes before heading to the parking lot.

Back