I have lots of Aviation Books on sale!!

robair73

Support a struggling flight instructor! I have lots of books on sale at half.com. All PTS and oral guides, All Gliem books, Jepp instrument book, airplane flying handbooks, instrument handbook, and instructor handbook. Anyone interested, go to half.com and buy from robosmut .

So, how are we helping you by buying all your books? You won't be worth much as an instructor after you sell your reference library.

I was lucky enough to double up on my books somehow. Don't ask how or why. I'm keeping all of the books I've used getting my ratings. I'm selling the books that I have doubles of that I never used. Hope that puts your minds at ease.
cool.gif

By the way, the ones I'm selling are all in NEW condition, never opened or marked.

Way to confusing, I couldnt even figure out how to buy from robosmut...that website sucks...is it ebay, is it amazon is it half.com...what the heck is it?

I've got some for sale on Ebay under "Viper548".
Jepp Flight&Ground Instructor question bank + Inst. question bank.
Aircraft Safety
Cockpit Resource Management
Basic Flight Physiology 2nd edition
Test Pilot: 1001 things....

Aircraft Safety, CRM, and Basic Flight Physiology are books used by Utah Valley State College if anyone is going there.

[ QUOTE ]
Way to confusing, I couldnt even figure out how to buy from robosmut...that website sucks...is it ebay, is it amazon is it half.com...what the heck is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree... I couldnt figure it out. I dont think we are even able to search for his name...

Why doesn't he link us to his auctions or however he is selling them.

Robosmut? Geez, I'd be afraid to ask on a PG-13 website about what else you sell!
smile.gif

Yeah, I sell all sorts of toys and finger puppets! Just kidding. I figured no one would have such a vulgar screen name, so what the heck.

I tried a link but it didn't work. I'll try again. Sorry guys. Thanks for the interest.

Here's a link. For some reason, it does not show all of the PTS's and oral exam guides I have. I have all of them. If you do a search for them by title under books category, you'll find them that way. Another thing, if you're an ebay member, you're a half.com member. It's a sister website of ebay. No auction, just low prices.
aviation books

Click on browse all books under "Books Bestsellers" to see 9 of 16 books I have. Thanks guys. This link should work.

Uh, just a tip. Your prices are quite high. There are a few in the list I would consider buying, but, the prices you have are almost retail. Add shipping on that, and I can pick them up cheaper at a local FBO that charges list prices.

I just got one of the Gleim books you have listed, new off ebay, for $6 a day or two ago, which I consider quite high , since it was $11 when shipping was figured in (last one I got before that was 1 cent plus about $4 shipping). But at least that is a few $$ off list, and I can be lazy and wait for it to arrive
smile.gif

Knock at least $5-10 off your prices, and they'll actually be 1/2
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Josh , F off. My prices are lower than the others on half.com.

[/ QUOTE ] whoah - sorry but that type of talk ain't permitted
blush.gif
... .are you here to contribute to the site or advertise the selling of your books???? if your here to contribute to the site by offering your books up for sale to our members - that's all fine and dandy... but your response here leads me to think your trying to sell your books and use this site for some free advertising..we don't work that way and if you don't like what others have to say about your prices, books or what not - you can sell them elsewhere... the members here know what a good "used" or "new" book price should be (with/without shipping) and if they don't want to pay your prices, that's up to them - not you...

the insult you just spoke to Josh probably just lost you a sale on this site - who knows, we have a ton of members who are probably looking for books like you have to sell, but you most likely just killed your chances of finding a buyer by reacting and not thinking ahead....that's what happens when you don't "think" before you "speak"...

btw - in my experience (and correct me if my vision is wrong), it doesn't matter what prices are lower by whom/where... what matters is that you bought the books and right off the bat (whether new or not) they're considered used because the person buying the book from you didn't buy it brand new from "the store" - just like a car or university textbooks (once its off the lot/rack, it's used)...the important thing is that they go to someone who can use them to which you would get back a decent price for it... but don't be expecting people to pay more over the net than they can get in their FBO cuz you won't find buyers that way. for all anyone knows, you could have bought the books at a major discount and are trying to get top or above dollar for them now...i'd expect "at" dollar prices or at least $5 lower than cost because shipping charges need to be paid also...

just by experience, i remember when I was in college and they did just that - the official bookstore wouldn't buy my books back at the end of the semester, even though they were never used in class - all because it "had been sold". i always had to go to the used bookstore to get rid of all my textbooks.. the used bookstore bought back new textbooks at used prices just because "that's how its done"...that's just my experience with new/used books...

If I were looking for books like what you have to sell, i'd go for a price that equates the price of the book + shipping to the price I can get by driving down the street to my FBO... or less...

it's the same adage everywhere - "make me a deal and you get your sale, try to rip me off and I tell others".... point taken??
confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I was lucky enough to double up on my books somehow. Don't ask how or why. I'm keeping all of the books I've used getting my ratings. I'm selling the books that I have doubles of that I never used. Hope that puts your minds at ease.
cool.gif

By the way, the ones I'm selling are all in NEW condition, never opened or marked.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet both your copies have never been opened or marked. haha.

[ QUOTE ]
just by experience, i remember when I was in college and they did just that - the official bookstore wouldn't buy my books back at the end of the semester, even though they were never used in class - all because it "had been sold". i always had to go to the used bookstore to get rid of all my textbooks.. the used bookstore bought back new textbooks at used prices just because "that's how its done"...that's just my experience with new/used books...

[/ QUOTE ]

College bookstores rock! It's the only place where I can buy a $120 english book and only get offered $10 for it at the end of the semester...ARGH
mad.gif

[ QUOTE ]

College bookstores rock! It's the only place where I can buy a $120 english book and only get offered $10 for it at the end of the semester...ARGH
mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Or better yet, not buy it back at all because version 3 now has a new cover. Evil people, as if my 60% tuition hike since I was a freshman wasn't enough.

Back