I hate algebra.

ClipperPilot

Well, i didnt do so hot in algebra in my last semester, which means i will be taking a quarter of it next year to raise my grade to receive a credit. My parents are all over me saing ERAU wont consider me if i do bad blah blah blah, but seriously, if i failed a course like algebra in highschool but take it again and pass, does it have a strong negative affect on me getting accepted? let me know guys.

[ QUOTE ]
Well, i didnt do so hot in algebra in my last semester, which means i will be taking a quarter of it next year to raise my grade to receive a credit. My parents are all over me saing ERAU wont consider me if i do bad blah blah blah, but seriously, if i failed a course like algebra in highschool but take it again and pass, does it have a strong negative affect on me getting accepted? let me know guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said, I got in with a 2.4 and graduated with a 2.5. As long as the cash is coming in, they could care less.

You're fine.

Yea, hopefully it works out, parents can make you feel like your never going to get your goal sometimes but i guess they are just trying to push you to do better. I'll brush it off my shoulder.

This might help ya out. I took the math placement test for ERAU yesterday, and it was pretty much all basic Algebra (solve for X, simplify, blah blah) and some Trig. I haven't done math in 10 years, and I got into MA 111 (no remedials for me!). Some of the incoming freshmen around me bombed it, but I found out later the stayed up all night partying and not caring. Now they have to pay out the nose for an extra 3 credit hours or hit the junior college before starting.

Pay an extra 3 credit hours for math while attending ERAU? Also, im ok for most algebra solving for variables isnt that hard, but ill take it as it comes. And i wont be partyhardy the night before, thats for sure.

Man, I didn't even take my last year of algebra in high school (the teacher was a demon if ever there was one). I got to Riddle, and they made me take the placement test. Boy did that suck- I had no clue what I was doing (to me math is numbers...the letters confuse the process
wink.gif
). Somehow I managed to get myself placed in MA111. I might as well have been sitting in an upper level foreign language class from a different planet- I didn't know squat. I managed a D, but I still have yet to take MA112...and I'm dreading it. I guess I'll have to find a good tutor.
smirk.gif

I'm one semester away from graduating and I have taken 1 math class(prob/stat) since I've been in college. It sucked because the teacher was from Japan and I couldn't understand what the hell she was saying.1.
Smokey......................................................................

I hear ya Smokey. I took Calculas at Florida State taught by a graduate assistant. His name was John Wayne only spelled Jen Wen. he was from Korea and I got so frustrated I started taking beer to class with me to drink out of my Big Gulp Mug. I acually passed that class too.

yeah, I got to the point where I didn't go to the class except for test days. I had a tutor and I went to the labs which were also taught by my tutor, so it made it a little bit easier for me.1.
Smokey............................................................................

Back