I had a piloting error.

Congrats!

Save the money on the book... Here's the low down.

1st trimester she'll be exited, you will try to be (but end up faking it) pretty much week 13 you'll decide your life is over.

2nd trimester you'll accept what's coming, and think your life isn't over.

3rd trimester, you'll get excited as they really start to move and react to your touch. Then you'll realize you were wrong in the second trimester, and decide your life is in fact over.

Then one day at the hospital, they hand you a naked baby wrapped in a blanket and tell you how cute it is ( while you're thinking what the hell do I do with this thing).

The next 4 months your more worried about not messing up than enjoying it. At 9 to 11 months you think you've got it figure out, and the kid starts to walk.

12-13 months kid takes a huge digger and you feel really bad.

Then you realize it's birthday one, and you can't believe how much has happened, and how fast it went by.

I'll give you this though. When you hi the moments when you think your life is over, your right. It is. It will never be the same, and you don't get to do the stuff that you used to. But, you will find yourself doing new stuff in place of the old, and at some point you'll realize how much more you like the new stuff.

Have fun with it! Play with the kid while it's in the womb. As soon as it stops kicking, go poke it and wake it up ( then run from your wife). :)

Back