I got 'em, i got 'em!!!!!!

mshunter

After months of saveing every extra penny, my Bose X showed up! Trying to save a grand with a kid and a wife on CFI pay is rough. BUT I GOT 'EM. And with the box they ship in, I had them shipped to my mom's work so they weren't sitting on the apartment door all day long. I can't wait to use them!

nice choice! Aside from the ANR, they are incredibly comfortable, hardly any clamping force to be felt.

Definitely a GREAT choice! Dont listen to the Zulu junkies! I think lightspeed is a drug! You know they're bad, but you get addicted and cant get off em' :bandit:. The Zulu is a good headset, but doesn't compare to the Bose, IMHO. I haven't regretted my decision and will continue to stick by the Bose name! Congrats!

I've had a chance to use both the Zulu's and the Bose. I think the Bose are a more comfortable fit than the Zulu, and a little less bulky around the ears. As far as the MP3 and phone jacks, if your using your phone while you flying, ain't ya doin something you ain't supposed to? The MP# thing isn't in the cards for me right now either, because it's kinda hard to talk over the music and the student can't concentrate while listening to "Let the Bodies Hit the Floor."

edit: I let up on the shift key for the mp3 thing, but WTF, it shouws as a pound sign after multiple tries at edits!

Bose is Definitely the way to go, I have been instructing with mine for about a year now, Work awesome and my students can hear me more clearly that with the old DC's. A lot of the corporate aircraft you would fly when you move up have MP3 jacks in the plane anyway.

I'm surprised you didn't go with one of the numerous $700 slightly used X's that people are trading down from these days.

Make sure its on and the green light is flashing the first time you use it. I forgot to turn it on the first time I used it and missed out on an enjoyable noise canceling experience. :)

As far as the MP3 and phone jacks, if your using your phone while you flying, ain't ya doin something you ain't supposed to?

Like picking up an IFR clearance out of an uncontrolled airport over the phone while holding short of the runway with the engine running so you can meet the 3 minute void time?

Phone jacks = bad, bad, bad

Like picking up an IFR clearance out of an uncontrolled airport over the phone while holding short of the runway with the engine running so you can meet the 3 minute void time?

Phone jacks = bad, bad, bad

Or you could just hold the phone to your ear, or better yet just slide the phone under the earcup for hands free!

Back