I don't expletive belive this....

BadPassportPhoto

*deeeep breath*

So apparently after I've attended the Memphis PEPC, received my TOL for ZTL (only after having them make sure I get ZTL since I was selected for Memphis Center even though my preferrences mentioned only ZTL a month prior), today I find out that my TOL has to be ammended to read ZME (Memphis Center). So I had my Human Resource contact try to find out what was going on and all she was told was that Charlie Oxford who is the Hub Manager, said to send me to Memphis. So Elaine gave me the option to accept the offer to Memphis or decline and to try and put down ZTL again as my preferrence for the PUBNAT2 but I may not get it since I didn't get selected the first time. So I call my brother to see what he recommends (he works at ZTL) and he told me he'd call me back. He calls his friend at the Union who calls Charlie and Charlie tells him there were no more slots left for ZTL and they weren't hiring anymore for August but in September all 3 facilities will be hiring so I should go ahead and put my preferrence as ZTL again for the PUBNAT2 geo pref email and decline the TOL.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

The only good thing about this situation is I didn't know about it BEFORE I went on my honeymoon from which I just got back yesterday.

ugh! sorry to hear about that but it's good to hear you got to enjoy your honeymoon.. grats on the ball and chain too!

If you're 100% set on getting that center.. then I'd say go for it, but.. well, do take into consideration that this is an awesome job no matter where you do it!

ugh! sorry to hear about that but it's good to hear you got to enjoy your honeymoon.. grats on the ball and chain too!

If you're 100% set on getting that center.. then I'd say go for it, but.. well, do take into consideration that this is an awesome job no matter where you do it!

Yah but I need to get into Atlanta due to family reasons. Plus, even if that weren't the case, Memphis sucks big time (no offense to anyone who lives in Memphis on this site).

Oh, and thanks!

Rough deal, man. Sorry to hear it. But congratulations on the wedding -- at least you got the most important part down.

I turned down Indiana for ZTL and got it. Only delayed the process a few months. If you really want ZTL, then decline the TOL and give it another shot. Sorry about the bad news.

Oh I actually forgot to mention that I was told I wouldn't need to go to another PEPC. All my clearances and everything are good for a year. Only thing I'd have to do again is a drug test if it's over 6 months and I could do that locally so praise Jebus for that.

The May Enroute class has several ZTL candidates. Of course, most of us applied back in 2007. I'm guessing they want to limit the amount of developmentals in a facility at any one time, to allow for one-on-one training time. More ZTL openings will come up later, I'm sure.

Back