I changed locations after accepting a TOL

Hello everyone

I have a quick question. What are the chances of getting a spot LAS tower? Dose the FAA have a site with a list of open positions?

The only people who truly know this are the HR managers and they aren't telling. The people at the actualy facility might know how many people they need/want but only HR knows how many positions have been approved to offer a training slot too. To address your second question, no.

The only people who truly know this are the HR managers and they aren't telling. The people at the actualy facility might know how many people they need/want but only HR knows how many positions have been approved to offer a training slot too. To address your second question, no.

Thanks buddy

I am taking my test on the 14th, i have a good feeling about it but would you happen to have any good tips?

Thanks buddy

I am taking my test on the 14th, i have a good feeling about it but would you happen to have any good tips?

Youre in the BX are you driving to LI the morning of the test? I actually drove out the night before and stayed in the hotel the test is at... it was a nice luxury. My room was right down the hall from where the test was, so I could go there on breaks and stuff. I live in Jersey so I didn't want to deal with all the traffic in the morning (The holland tunnel, canal street, manhattan bridge, bqe, lie, too many recipes for disaster if you know what I mean...).

My best advice is to get a great nights sleep, eat a light breakfast and brush up on your math. The test all in all was pretty reasonable, I thought.

my HR person refuses to even sent a request to ATO.

Yea, I got a response 2 hours later from the time that I sent the request. All it said was, "The ATO has denied your request and has decided to keep you at Kxxx."

I doubt very seriously that my hr rep even sent the request but who knows.

Youre in the BX are you driving to LI the morning of the test? I actually drove out the night before and stayed in the hotel the test is at... it was a nice luxury. My room was right down the hall from where the test was, so I could go there on breaks and stuff. I live in Jersey so I didn't want to deal with all the traffic in the morning (The holland tunnel, canal street, manhattan bridge, bqe, lie, too many recipes for disaster if you know what I mean...).

My best advice is to get a great nights sleep, eat a light breakfast and brush up on your math. The test all in all was pretty reasonable, I thought.

Yeah my Apt is one block away from Yankee stadium. I figured it will be a easy drive, i plan to hit the road at 550am and give myself time to grab a bite and take it easy before the test

Yea, I got a response 2 hours later from the time that I sent the request. All it said was, "The ATO has denied your request and has decided to keep you at Kxxx."

Who are your HR reps?

That sounds very similar to the response I got :mad: (almost verbatim). I sent my request on a Monday night and got my response early Tuesday morning.

Thanks buddy

BX172, are you using any study materials? It may be a little late to start studying now since you are testing on the 14th, but I think several of us on this forum used the green book, Air Traffic Control Career Prep (book and software). I used it and I thought it really helped. Got a well qualified score.

for my request, my rep forwarded what he received from Project Administrator, Administrative Services Group
ATO, WSC. Which was CC'ed to the Managers at both my TOL facility and requested facility. It took more than 2 hours too

email the local natca rep...

BX172, are you using any study materials? It may be a little late to start studying now since you are testing on the 14th, but I think several of us on this forum used the green book, Air Traffic Control Career Prep (book and software). I used it and I thought it really helped. Got a well qualified score.

yes I am, i got the green book a about 2 weeks ago after buying the perterson's master the AT-SAT what a wast of money that was.

Back