I am researching Wayman Aviation Academy, Pelican Flight Training & NS Aviation for M/E rating

888Airman

I am currently researching the flight schools at KHWO (North Perry Airport) in Florida. There are a ton of them there, but I am looking closely at the captioned 3 in particular. I would like to know if anyone here on this forum attended any of these schools. Is so, I would greatly appreciate any experiences you can share.

/Gordon

I am currently researching the flight schools at KHWO (North Perry Airport) in Florida. There are a ton of them there, but I am looking closely at the captioned 3 in particular. I would like to know if anyone here on this forum attended any of these schools. Is so, I would greatly appreciate any experiences you can share.

/Gordon
I'd say that of the three Wayman is the most capable and stable. It is mostly geared towards foreign zero to hero students (South America and some China), but also a decent number of local guys and girls.
I had pretty good time CFIing there.

I'd say that of the three Wayman is the most capable and stable. It is mostly geared towards foreign zero to hero students (South America and some China), but also a decent number of local guys and girls.
I had pretty good time CFIing there.

Thanks a million ;), BigZ!

I am currently researching the flight schools at KHWO (North Perry Airport) in Florida. There are a ton of them there, but I am looking closely at the captioned 3 in particular. I would like to know if anyone here on this forum attended any of these schools. Is so, I would greatly appreciate any experiences you can share./Gordon

I have not flown with any of those schools, however I am familiar with that FSDO region. Finding a DPE will be your hurdle. Call each school, and ask them who their DPEs of choice are and how fast they can schedule a check ride, since the commercial multi can be done in a weekend. Then call the DPEs and verify availability, you might find a discrepancy between the dates promised and ultimately you'll be the one waiting for it to be sorted out.

Federal Aviation Administration - Designee Locator

I have not flown with any of those schools, however I am familiar with that FSDO region. Finding a DPE will be your hurdle. Call each school, and ask them who their DPEs of choice are and how fast they can schedule a check ride, since the commercial multi can be done in a weekend. Then call the DPEs and verify availability, you might find a discrepancy between the dates promised and ultimately you'll be the one waiting for it to be sorted out.

Federal Aviation Administration - Designee Locator
Amen to that.
Wayman had 6 or so DPE roaster and kept a good track of their availability/getting pop up checkrides in etc, but some months it could present a challenge.

Does anyone recommend ATP for the multi commercial add-on? I've always advised people against them for initial training, but heard they're pretty good for getting add-ons. Thoughts? Experiences with them?

Does anyone recommend ATP for the multi commercial add-on? I've always advised people against them for initial training, but heard they're pretty good for getting add-ons. Thoughts? Experiences with them?

ATP only does the full "pro pilot" course now. They stopped doing add-ons a year or two ago.

Back