I am looking at attending Pan Am...

perpetual

Hallo alle, Wie Gehts
smile.gif

I am looking at attending the school in about months time, I am in the process of taking out a loan from the bank to cover the cost's right now. (and man.. they are definatley substantial costs)...

Anyhow.. could anyone give me an insight as to what things are like?.. just any general information or even specifics on what the counselers left out.
smile.gif

I am a student pilot right now with around 12 hours.. pretty much ready to solo. How many others are in the entire Career Pilot development program?

okay Thanks for any replies in advance.
smile.gif

Auf wiedersehen
cool.gif

Hello?
laugh.gif
?

I know people go to the school, so why no answer?
wink.gif
hehe

Comon,.. anyone out there willing to give me their take on what attending is like? What do you guys do for fun (time permitting
wink.gif
)

Perpetual:

Read some of the old messages on the forum. There has been alot of discussion about Pan Am recently. Have you checked out any other schools? I don't know if they still do it, but before Sept. 11 Comair would fly you down to their Florida campus for free for a tour. They flew me down back in August. I was impressed with the school. Nice facility but expensive. One school you might want to look into is North American Insitute of Aviaton in Conway, SC just outside of Mytrle Beach. Everyone I have talked to about the school says it is good and the cost is way less than the Florida schools. Hope this helps.

Chuck
PP-ASEL

check out the "first day" post i had put up. lot of discussion from when i started my ppl at pan am.

hehehehehe no comment!!!! all I can say is check out the top 10 reasons to NOT go there...then follow-up with some of the other posts others made. I was once a Panam-ster...not any longer...just read and you will see bro hehehehehe. BstRgrds, -IFRFLIGHT-

i've never been a fan of believing everything i've heard or read. like i've stated before, don't take everything you hear as fact. research goes far beyond book work and desktop digging, always look, see, go to, touch, experience, and talk to the people actually there. i don't discount the posts by some of the members that had some problems over at pan am in PHX, but i hope anyone looking into going to flight school, or any other genre, would look deeper than just what is said on a website, or in a chat room. use what is said as a basis for questions when you visit a school. talk to the people running the place, the people working there, and most important the people who attend the school. that goes for every school you are contemplating. every school has its quirks, and there are a bunch of ways to become a pro. pilot. FBO, college/university, career flight schools (panam, flight safety, etc...), buy a plane, yadda yadda yadda. flight training is a serious investment, and the ability to read shouldn't be considered a credible reason for no attending any said institution. i'm not trying to defend pan am or any other school(they all have a bad rep. in some way), just really bothers me when anyone basis such a serious descision on what they've read. admitedly, i'd also be real skeptical of the PHX. panam campus from what has been said, but i would still go and check it out in person before i made my descision.

Heya Dakovich,
smile.gif

How is everything going with your flight training thus far?

I am trying to get the financial aspect out of the way... and am looking forward to comming to the school.

Any new Info.. from that side of the fence?
smile.gif

-Jbro
smile.gif

training is goin pretty well. just got an 88 on my private written today, so i was feeling good about that. my buddy got a 100, but i heard thats not the best thing to do, guess the check ride guys will really tear into you cause you scored so high. anyway, 88 is just fine with me. cross countries have started with everyone in my group, going pretty well for everyone. our breifings got sent to 6am again, so that kindda sucks. but we get to fly early in all the smooth air. anyway, thats about it. just finishing up private stuff and studying, building hours, and look to the FAA check ride.

Heya Dakovich
smile.gif

Very cool on your test, and Good luck on your practical.
smile.gif

I am now scheduled for the 7th of May class start date. Im really looking forward to this all starting, and its quite a dream come true.
smile.gif

Being that you are there(PanAm) and doing it now,(flight training)... is it everything that you thought it would be?
smile.gif
Im getting ansy
laugh.gif

Okay.. well let me know anything else, and how your progressing. Good luck
cool.gif

yeah, training to be a pilot is sweet. its the best thing i've ever done for myself, still can't believe i'm here doing it. even my friends think its funny that i'm doing it, but they support it all the way. once you get here be ready to do some serious studying. you've got to learn just soooooo much in such a short time. you'll be surprised after the first week how much you know. you'll start saying "roger that", and other pilot talk. thats what my girl calls it...pilot talk... she yells at me when i talk like a pilot. its pretty funny. anyway, it is the coolest. made a lot of good friends, met some really cool people, and i'm training for a job that is more like a hobby. hope you enjoy it as much as i do, good luck with it!

Back